6.6 Gas L8T Engine Swap in 2015 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you wanna get rid of it superquick, feel free to lowball yourself.
How many 2015 Suburbans out there have practically new L8Ts in them, just now being broken in, again?

OP
OP
L8T BURB

L8T BURB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you wanna get rid of it superquick, feel free to lowball yourself.
How many 2015 Suburbans out there have practically new L8Ts in them, just now being broken in, again?
I always look forward to your responses lol!

I am not in a rush to sell. Jokes aside, what would your rough idea on listing price be if this was your rig?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@L8T BURB I’m telling you list this Suburban on Bring A Trailer; You can mention the build thread on this forum in your listing (possibly even link it) set your reserve to the $18K and let people bid on it.

Bring a trailer has all kinds of modded vehicles, rare vehicles, engine swapped vehicles, and builds for sale and enthusiasts go there. Enthusiasts that appreciate all those things and are willing to pay for it go there to buy.

That will show you what someone is willing to pay for it.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@L8T BURB I’m telling you list this Suburban on Bring A Trailer; You can mention the build thread on this forum in your listing (possibly even link it) set your reserve to the $18K and let people bid on it.

Bring a trailer has all kinds of modded vehicles, rare vehicles, engine swapped vehicles, and builds for sale and enthusiasts go there. Enthusiasts that appreciate all those things and are willing to pay for it go there to buy.

That will show you what someone is willing to pay for it.
This is a good call.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always look forward to your responses lol!
I am not in a rush to sell. Jokes aside, what would your rough idea on listing price be if this was your rig?
Don't make me blush.
I'll NEVER own a new vehicle, (and I'll never get why more Tahoes & Yukons haven't had a skaly'd-oplasty).
So I can only give you an idea of how to arrive at your own number.

How much is a 200,000 mile 2015 bubba with a brand new 6.2L V8 worth?
(Obviously more than a 200k mile 2015 bubba with a 6.2L V8 with 200k miles, right?)
Several thousand dollars over that, since it's a brand new 6.6L V8.

{EDIT}
Since there'll never be enough Tahoes / Yukons / Suburbans / Escalades with 6.6L V8s,
use the above guidelines so you don't aim lowball yself,
then decide your premium for doing what CAFE MpG scores disincentivized GM from doing.

I bet it gets good MpG when you can keep your foot out of it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L8T BURB

L8T BURB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all!!

Listing is active in marketplace. Please share on your social media if you don't mind! Would happily send a finders fee to any of you guys!!

Plan is to have this listing active for 30 days then depending on the activity, pursue the bring a trailer auction listing.

Thank you guys!!

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent write up.......almost makes me want to buy it for a daily driver. Just need 4wd for the WI climate. Nicely done otherwise! I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling.

Thanks for being a guinea pig on the swap!

OP
OP
L8T BURB

L8T BURB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SOLD!

Thanks to everyone here for your awesome words of encouragement during this build. I am hopeful that I have helped open up an avenue for people with engine failures to have a viable engine replacement that corrects all the shortcomings that the 5.3 and 6.2 engines have to offer. Remember that the 6.6 L8T can bolt right up to a 6L80, 8L90, or the 10 speed with NO modifications needed to the transmission or driveshaft. You don't have to go all out like me and swap in a 6L90!

At full disclosure, unfortunately I do not see myself owning another GM vehicle. This is my 2nd GM, first was a 2009 Impala LTZ purchased new and it was constantly in the dealership for repairs. I swore that I would never own another GM after the Impala, but I caved for the Suburban. Granted, I unknowingly bought a 2015 Suburban with 182k miles that was truly at the end of its mechanical life... which I have myself to blame for buying on impulse and not doing research nor a pre purchase inspection. I know that all manufacturers have their flaws... but my personal experience has been that I have the best luck with Toyota and Ford.

All that said, I picked up a 2024 Ford Escape Hybrid 2 weeks ago. Averaging 42 MPG. I will drive this for a while and we'll see where my vehicle journey goes after that!

Once again, thanks to everyone here. You guys have been awesome. I know many were skeptical whether this swap could be done but we learned together that it can!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyBosnian