99 4wd yukon replacing tranny help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
there is not oil pressure switch/sender in 98+. it just sends pressure to dash only now.
and your really is fine if it turned on the pump to prime.

so the passlock light does not even come on or do this:

During normal operation, the SECURITY light will go
off approximately five seconds after the key is turned to
the RUN ignition position.
If the engine stalls and the SECURITY light flashes,
wait until the light stops flashing before trying to restart
the engine. Remember to release the key from START
as soon as the engine starts.

OP
OP
J

joyride

Reaction score
the security light stays on when the key is turned but doesn't do anything. doesn't flash or go out until i take the key out.

does that mean anything?

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

What about the hose on the top of the transfer case that I don't believe even goes to anything? We I don't think put that on yet...Could that act as a big enough vacuum leak to do all this?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if not flashing when starting then likely okay then. hose from t-case is a vent hose and sits high up to avoid ingesting water when off roading. when cranking do you seel the pressure guage pulsing like injectors are opening? you have a regular spark, it runs of starter fluid. you have sufficient fuel pressure and passlock is okay. you either have killed power supply to injectors or the pcm has lost it will to fire them for lack of sensor data or internal fault.

OP
OP
J

joyride

Reaction score
I'm just curious. If we shorted something out that controls power to the injectors, whether that be ecm or what not, wouldn't we have a blown fuse? All the fuses seemed fine. how do i narrow it down to the injectors not opening? can i test their wires with a multimeter or something?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
it is possible more likely that the power was cut then shorted. power flow is batt to fuse to injector to pcm. the pcm switches the negative side of dc.

you can try this. disconnect the appropriate pcm connector and with the key on look for voltage on each injector circuit. let me know the reading of them with red lead on injector circuit and black lead on the batt ground. if you see about the same volts on each the problem is in something the pcm sees and for that reason it will not fire them.
also you have any scanner that can read live data. curious to see that it sees rpm and coolant temp while key on and while cranking.

OP
OP
J

joyride

Reaction score
So i messed around with it tonight for a little bit. I put the transfer case breather hose in and that did nothing. looked for shorts, beat up wires, wires stuck between the block and tranny, anything out of the ordinary and it all seemed fine. i looked at the grounds behind the block, and ground straps, all looks a-ok. i looked down the throttle body and you can see gas/wetness so does that mean the injectors are opening? i switched a few fuses around and nothing has worked so far. still no start.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if you see it on the manifold surface something is wrong with the injector body or lines because technically the injector outputs go right down the runners. sure it is not excess starting fluid that you sprayed or is it really smelling like gas. if it is gas i would check your plugs for wet fouling before opening up the plenum for inspection but hold off on removing it for now. did you test electrical circuits for injectors? can you extract any codes?

OP
OP
J

joyride

Reaction score
my brother is gonna bring over a code reader tomorrow so hopefully that will get us somewhere.

i didn't check the injectors yet...i need another hand for that so hopefully soon!

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

pulled the #1 plug, it's black as hell but not wet...tried starting it over an hour ago though so not sure if it'd still be wet?

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

my friend said the constant solid lit security light is the problem. is this a passlock/vats issue?

i just went out on my 01 s10 and looked at how it's security light acts...mine blinks when i first get in it and when i turn the key it goes off...on the yukon it's on all the time with the key in...doesn't go out...it doesn't blink or anything it's just on...what does that mean?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
i will look into it.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

pm your email address please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100