99 Starts sometimes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

res02p35

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm back looking for additional assistance.
99 Tahoe 5.7 4WD, 247k.
Problem I am having has gone on for years. Not my daily driver so it doesn't get driven alot for this reason.
I have fixed alot but have also thru alot of parts at it as well.
Issue is when it starts it starts good. At other times I can get in attempt to start but it acts like a bad battery, but it's not. It cranks but ever so slowly. Then it will attempt to start the die again. When it starts and dies its almost like it is loosing input from the ECU.

I have performed the following:
New positive battery cable to starter and alternator,
New battery,
New wires, plugs,cap, rotor, ICM, coil, crank sensor, cam shaft position sensor.
I've replaced the spider fuel injectors.
Still at a loss, I sometimes get a 1351 but can't track that down.

Any help or ideas are welcome.

Last edited:

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check and repair grounds and ground wires. First Guess. a live scan would help.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you change the ground connection cable to the battery? These high amp wire can corrode from the inside out. Change that wire, clean up the chassis ground point on the ground side of the negative cable, and let us know is your issue is resolved.

I don't see if the starter was replaced. If it hasn't, that would be the next item that I would replace, if the above does not resolve your issue, as it could be a worn out starter or worn out relay within the starter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Collinshighperfor