Popping sound when accelerating from stop with turned wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DontTaseMeBro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She's back at the dealer and so far they haven't been able to replicate the sound as of this morning. I asked them to try driving it when it's warmer later in the day as I noticed that I don't hear the sound when I first start driving it in the mornings. Also told them to take it to a nearby subdivision as that's where I can hear it most often - low speeds, lots of dips. Said they'll attempt another drive later today. Sucks cause I live about 14 miles from them. Otherwise, I would just ask them to drive into my sub. Worst case scenario, I'll have to go over there and force them to accompany me on a drive.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if they come back no sound, drove it like you suggested, my butt would be there taking someone for a drive, preferably the Service Manager. Good luck hope they get it sorted out.

OP
OP
D

DontTaseMeBro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if they come back no sound, drove it like you suggested, my butt would be there taking someone for a drive, preferably the Service Manager. Good luck hope they get it sorted out.
Indeed. That’s the last ditch effort plan I have with them.

OP
OP
D

DontTaseMeBro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the call from the dealer. The technician went out for another drive this afternoon and was able to consistently reproduce the annoying clunk matching my earlier video. I am told that the issue is a defect on the CV axle from the manufacturer, specifically the c clip on the end of the inner shaft. Said that it doesn't affect anything other than producing the sound. They are going to try and replace it under the powertrain warranty. That being said, I haven't heard of there being a defective run of these cv's for the tahoe/yukon/escalade of this generation. Anyone else?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JBeastquogue