A/C fan won’t kick on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMswin13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I’m fairly new here I’m not sure if I’m posting in the right area so forgive me.
I have a 2016 Yukon XL 5.3 2wd it’s been having electrical issues in the past year the headlights would always pulsate almost like flashing your headlights bright to dim. Just the headlights. Well one day it just stopped few months back. Especially when the fan would kick in but anyway the AC fan won’t kick in when I turn the ac on its full of Freon and I can see the compressor kick in. I also checked the fuses all good. Both fans are working I just checked them there on low as the engine runs. There’s only 2 fans that I can see. Back in the winter I went through and cleaned all ground connections that I can find I gotta get this figured out it’s my wife’s daily. I haven’t ran any codes and no engine lights on. Has anyone ran into something like this?

OP
OP
G

GMswin13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HVAC fan when you engage the AC button the fan kicks on high it don’t do it now. The compressor kicks in and the inside blower motor works fine the ac will cool down if I’m going 75mph on the interstate state that’s it.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I'm having a difficult time figuring out what the complaint is. Maybe saying it another way, or in simpler terms, would help my feeble mind. ;)

Is it that the HVAC fan used to turn on at high speed when you engaged the A/C, but now it doesn't?

OP
OP
G

GMswin13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes sir the fans don’t kick on high when I turn on the AC you know it sounds like a 747 when there on high when you turn the ac on. The compressor turns on and Freon is full and good.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello I’m fairly new here I’m not sure if I’m posting in the right area so forgive me.
I have a 2016 Yukon XL 5.3 2wd it’s been having electrical issues in the past year the headlights would always pulsate almost like flashing your headlights bright to dim. Just the headlights. Well one day it just stopped few months back. Especially when the fan would kick in but anyway the AC fan won’t kick in when I turn the ac on its full of Freon and I can see the compressor kick in. I also checked the fuses all good. Both fans are working I just checked them there on low as the engine runs. There’s only 2 fans that I can see. Back in the winter I went through and cleaned all ground connections that I can find I gotta get this figured out it’s my wife’s daily. I haven’t ran any codes and no engine lights on. Has anyone ran into something like this?

can you see the problem below???? what gives?
you said: quote.....
Both fans are working I just checked them there on low as the engine runs. There’s only 2 fans that I can see.
HVAC fan when you engage the AC button the fan kicks on high it don’t do it now
the fans don’t kick on high when I turn on the AC

so PLEASE clarify concisely what the problem is otherwise no one can help you when you make contradictory statements back-to-back

if the hvac fan (the inside passenger side dash/under behind the glove box) does not turn on then you need to pull it out and test it and check fuses.
then proceed accordingly.....

if the fans in the engine compartment do not kick on then you may have either a hvac issue or perhaps a sensor is not working, could be many things really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aracka