A distracted driver finally got me.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good point. They told me it was in my insurance contract, but I did not look it up.

It most likely is unless you specifically pay for new parts. Most insurance companies will purchase a used bumper to replace your used (now damaged) bumper.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a low estimate. You can request oem parts, but it will be a fight. You can always go first party and put a claim against your insurance policy. It won't affect anything. I would have a shop do a tear down before they come look at it again.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't agree with the comment "most people are horrible drivers". That's too easy a statement to make, and I don't believe it's true. I know ability varies from person to person but I'd like to believe that most people are careful drivers.

I use my Bluetooth a lot. I drive a lot, and before having Bluetooth used a headset. I know people will argue, but it's not realistic in 2013 for me to stay off the phone in my car and still be able to function in business. I don't believe I'm at all unsafe while driving and talking.

Here is the problem that most people do have. Most think they are better drivers than they really are. They typically have no training or even an idea how to maneuver in a crisis, whether if be on a wet road, or hard braking situation. When I took my EVOC training for the first time I thought I'd do pretty well, and did do better than many others in the class. Still I was surprised at the things I learned and the amount of people out there who have no idea about over steer, getting out of fishtail/hydroplaning, etc.
How many young girls with their DL for only 6 months will say they are good drivers?

Now in your case, I'd like to dispel a few of your assumptions right off the bat. The study I mentioned in my earlier post showed that talking on the phone while driving created the same level of danger as a drunk driver.
At first that seemed absurd to me, but of course I was picturing a fall down drunk vs. a person totally focused on the road just having a casual conversation. Howver just as there are different levels of legal intoxication, so too are there different levels of a persons ability to concentrate while carrying on various levels (emotions/problem solving) of a conversation.

More on this later as I have to run.

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Body shop called and said my truck was done, went and inspected and it was not.

The brand new/feshly painted liftgate had 3 small scratches on it. Tailight was not aligned properly and liftgate handle wasn't repaired at all - still had scratches on it from the license plate scraping it.

So tomorrow we will try again.

Last edited:

Phil DeVtec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you take it? Way too fast!!!

BTW, I was on my way to the Moorestown Mall and had to drive through there...I thought about this thread.

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Where did you take it? Way too fast!!!

BTW, I was on my way to the Moorestown Mall and had to drive through there...I thought about this thread.

I took it to Collision Max in Pennsuaken. They had good reviews and honestly with the GEICO rep stationed there, and them having Enterprise pull up in an identical Tahoe to rent me, they made it tough to say no.

Dave01

Reaction score
I'm scheduled for repairs in about 2 weeks, they were backed up and it was fine with me, the damage isn't affecting anything. Allstate already sent me the check less the deductible, and I got a call today from them that the other driver admitted on record that it was their fault so a deductible reimbursement check will also be sent. Really impressed with the claim handling!

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
I'm scheduled for repairs in about 2 weeks, they were backed up and it was fine with me, the damage isn't affecting anything. Allstate already sent me the check less the deductible, and I got a call today from them that the other driver admitted on record that it was their fault so a deductible reimbursement check will also be sent. Really impressed with the claim handling!

Yeah I was the same way. My truck was drivable so no super rush. Bummed that I wasted a trip to the shop to see it not completed to my satisfaction. We'll see what tomorrow brings....

Good luck with your repair.

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Strike 2 for Collision Max in Pennsauken. Went to pick it up today, and the molding piece above the license plate had a nice gap between it and the liftgate where you could clearly see the glue line. The handle not repaired before had a spot where they used touch-up paint.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
picard.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52