A few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rushingman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2005 tahoe

1. I'm wanting to get a 2-3 inch body lift, but I'm wondering what's the biggest tires size I can run without rubbing.

2. There is a buzzing sound by my driver side rear tire, it's only on when the car is on, and I can't hear it inside. My dash does say check tire sensor

3. Is here anything I can buy to put in my cup holder to make smaller drinks to fit in there, I had a 12 oz can of red bull in there, which is skinnier than a normal 12 oz can. I turned right and it spilled in the other cup holders.

I think that is all the questions I have for right now.

-Eli

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the buzzing is not related to the tire pressure sensor if you have a TPS light on your dash that usually means the pressure in one of your tires has dropped over 10 psi
and if your asking what size tire you can go to before the lift usually you can go up two sizes before anything starts rubbing

OP
OP
rushingman

rushingman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you know what the buzzing could be?

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly i havent a clue on the buzzing
gimmie some more details? you said you only hear it when the car is on
now do you hear it when the ignition is on? or when the engine is actually running or both
and is a buzzing or more like a whine? is loud or kinda quiet
you mite be hearing the whine from the fuel pump

OP
OP
rushingman

rushingman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've only heard it when the engine is on, but I've never tried to hear it any other time.
It's not extremely loud, like I can walk a few feet away and not hear it

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Does your Tahoe have auto ride? It could be the compressor constantly running because something is wrong with the system.

Sent from Tapatalk

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going right say it's your fuel pump. Fill up your fuel tank and see if it gets quieter or stops

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont start just turn the ignition on and see if you can still hear it if you can its the fuel pump
do you have an LS or the LT with that autoride system if you do jomulk56 is probably right
and the compressor is running constantly becuase there is a leak in the system or something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365