Gen 5 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

topshattax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Goes anybody Know & shop or person in North East New Jersey that can do Gen 5 6.2 & 10L80 swap?
On a 2007 Chevy Tahoe 5.3 LMG?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Based upon what I've been told, that swap will be very challenging, as the electronic infrastructure between those two generations of trucks is quite different.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 2 cents is work on getting the 10 speed swap going, even thou they aren't very reliable in stock form. if they dealer ship techs are to be believed they pop every 80-100k in new vehicles. but they make for a nice performance upgrade. I believe there was some posts about it around here somewhere. Just theory, I'm not sure it's been done seamlessly.

the LT engine being direct injection seems a bit overrated. a nice Gen 4 6.2 will give you 95% of the performance without any of the direct injection cost and headaches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ne44035