A solid-axle 4dr to drool over:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bill whats your setup i love the stance of your hoe
and yea to both of you guys but if you are dumping that kind of money to swap in a straight wouldnt you want a near bulletproof setup? just my opinion its kinda like buying tires for offroading if its a strict mud truck you dont put A/Ts on it to save the money you go ahead and buy the M/Ts right?

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bill whats your setup i love the stance of your hoe
and yea to both of you guys but if you are dumping that kind of money to swap in a straight wouldnt you want a near bulletproof setup? just my opinion its kinda like buying tires for offroading if its a strict mud truck you dont put A/Ts on it to save the money you go ahead and buy the M/Ts right?

Just because you spent a ton of coin on it, won't make it bulletproof.

OP
OP
LittlePearl13

LittlePearl13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Central Coast (SLO county), California.
Yeah, I wouldn't assume anything is bulletproof. Especially not something that doesn't come with instructions, even for a professional. I don't know jack shit about welding and fab, but even if I did, I wouldn't trust myself with a job like this. Too much room for error. But I would drop that much cash on this because I don't want to lift my Tahoe for look, really. If I'm going to lift it, I'm going all out and doing an SAS, I've always wanted a crawling rig. But hey, if that's my goal, the fact that they make a kit for it, and that it's actually been DONE before is even better.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Oh, and Big Blue Bus, that dude sounds like he got a deal, but if I were ever to do this kind of swap, i want Dana 60s or at least one up front and the back swapped for an HD 14-bolt. GM or Ford, whatever's good that I find.

blk88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just priced this out for what I would pay for MY dream SAS (roughly):

-GM SAS Kit, pair of 63" Atlas leaf-springs, pait of 52" Atlas leaf-springs, GM SAS Single-Shock Hoops, and the necessary U bolts all from Fabworx w/t+s = $2,507.60
-(4) FOA Resorvoir Shocks w/t+s = $848.00
-(5) Series 7033 Pro-Comp wheels w/t+s = $825.75
-(5) 35"x12.5"xR17" Dick Cepek Radian FC II tires = $1,661.30

......$5,842.65. Looks like I've gotta start saving my pennies.

Don't forget the cost of the axles. Assuming that most of us would go with a larger tire, so you need to regear. Then if you want lockers...add that too. Keep saving!!!

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hot Damn!!! i have looked at these kits before but this is the best write up...

YEA that Hoe is sexy

rabbiporkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just priced this out for what I would pay for MY dream SAS (roughly):

-GM SAS Kit, pair of 63" Atlas leaf-springs, pait of 52" Atlas leaf-springs, GM SAS Single-Shock Hoops, and the necessary U bolts all from Fabworx w/t+s = $2,507.60
-(4) FOA Resorvoir Shocks w/t+s = $848.00
-(5) Series 7033 Pro-Comp wheels w/t+s = $825.75
-(5) 35"x12.5"xR17" Dick Cepek Radian FC II tires = $1,661.30

......$5,842.65. Looks like I've gotta start saving my pennies.

you didn't even factor in steering, axles, brake lines, driveshafts, exhaust, etc.....

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
price all depends on if you buy new wheels tires etc. finding deals is what helps a lot and if you can fab saves a lot of money on brackets. deffentetly something not to cheap out on but it can be done for not as much as some people claim it will cost

NOVAhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just saw something in the latest four wheeler issue, there was another obs with a sfa, it was niiice, but they did a little side note and they were talking about the owner of fabworx and he has a 98 sierra and its a new kit they are designing for the guys like me that want a sfa but dont wanna be outrageously tall haha, it was only 3 inches over stock on 33s, for me thats the perfect setup, i feel like it would be relatively cheaper too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHKSTR96