Ac compressor??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i need a new one to say the least. The compressor is shot and everything else in between. Its so bad that when i tunr to "AC" my fans dont even kick on since theres no pressure in the lines. it leaked out from the compressor on the outside edge. anyways back to the subject.. i need a new one regardless. Im not going to get a junk yard one and im not coughing up the money for a GM one. Ill either take out all the AC shit (lol) or buy a new one. heres on i found on ebay? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item563806d8e6 i have no idea if its good shit or not. but somethings got to give. i only drive the truck in the summer where here its never too hot for straight AC, i usually cruise with the windows donw 98%, not 100 bcuz sometimes it rains. lol.. help me out:Handshake::Handshake:

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mines shot to so let me kno what u find lol u can get a rebuilt one for like a few hundred at the local auto part store

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Mine is also bad, exact same symptoms, I think. I put UV dye in it this summer after recharging it for the millionth time, and the compressor itself is leaking. Schucks had one for like $300, and I was going to go that route next year when I need AC again. I have to pony up for a new t-case and transmission first though. Yay!!
:drunk:

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Sorry for the above worthless post. Yeah, that looks like an AC pump, but I have no idea if it's any good. Wait, this is still a worthless post. Ahh!!!

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
when did it bust? did you just fire up your a/c in this weather?

well i did rebuild it to the above comment from a GM rebuild kit, but it never worked out, it wasnt me who did it wrong, but the kit didnt have everryyything. It was metal to metal that wasnt getting a good enough seal on it.

Its been gone for a while, i dont even use it so i could care less. My dad chagred the AC last yr and it ran strong for a day or 2 lol. but then whimpered out on me. It was blowing frost haha. But im thinking of getting rid of that shit.. idk yet, who the hhell neeeds AC when its not even a daily everyday driver?

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
I am in the exact same situation as you. my trucks parked in storage while i'm at school, gets driven every couple weeks just to "move" all the parts and when the weather finally comes that i actually need my a/c the windows go down. i honestly i wouldn't bother spending the money.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
so should i literally rip all that shit out? i dont use it. lol and its a waste of being there pissing me off

rucr8z2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i need a new one to say the least. The compressor is shot and everything else in between. Its so bad that when i tunr to "AC" my fans dont even kick on since theres no pressure in the lines. it leaked out from the compressor on the outside edge. anyways back to the subject.. i need a new one regardless. Im not going to get a junk yard one and im not coughing up the money for a GM one. Ill either take out all the AC shit (lol) or buy a new one. heres on i found on ebay? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item563806d8e6 i have no idea if its good shit or not. but somethings got to give. i only drive the truck in the summer where here its never too hot for straight AC, i usually cruise with the windows donw 98%, not 100 bcuz sometimes it rains. lol.. help me out:Handshake::Handshake:

That ebay compressor is junk! If you don't put a Delphi compressor on there you would be wasting your money!!!!! All other aftermaket(napa-ready air-four seasons) are noisey and barely last a year.....