Ac compressor??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rucr8z2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you used that ebay compressor?? looks like its all coming out? hahaha

I have installed that brand and others for customers who bring them in and there junk - sound like marbles inside and I flush the complete system and replace the orifice tube and dryer.....POS......
The only compressor that pays to put on is the Delphi and is the only one I sell to GM customers....
Don't forget to replace the orifice tube (has a screen in it and holds alot of metal particles that will either stop up your system or kill a new compressor...Its located behind the pass side running light in the lower line fitting of the condensor....

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
I would leave everything there, but get a shorty belt and bypass it. What you'll rip out, you might regret not having later, and with the shorty belt you're still getting your HP gains. My K5- one of the prior owners removed the AC, and took a sawzall to the pipes where they went through the firewall on the passenger side. I would have really liked to have been able to at least replace the system, but they completely destroyed it. The fix would have cost more than my truck. Grr.

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i need to replace all of mine soon too. it's been dead for a few years and i'm in texas so i NEED it. so i'm going to have someone install everything next spring but i'd like to buy the parts. what do i need and what make/model should i get?

WH0DAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine back in June with a Delphi one. I also replaced the compressor hose, dryer and condensor. That was a real hit to the pocket book even at wholesale. Works now though. Seems like I replace the stupid compressor hose on every Chevy truck I own.

GoodmanOX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found out today my compressor is nuked. Shop wanted $1000 to replace it and the orifice tube. Anyone do it themselves? I don't think it would be that hard, right? Just don't know how to suck all the shit out of the lines... Anyone know of a install write-up?

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im in the same club, mines been shot for 2 years. i'd also be interested in how much i could expect to spend to fix it one of these days.

bsamoul

Hoe Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering, I just recharged my system with almost two cans cuz it was completely dead, does the compressor stay on the whole time for you guys? Mine cycles every few seconds and am not sure if it's normal.