AC is hot and heat is cold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sleepy01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need a little advice or knowledge please.
I replaced the blend door actuator on my 2001 Tahoe. Now when the dial is on AC (blue) it blows hot air and when the dial is on heat (red) it blows cold air. It seems to reversed.

Any idea what I did wrong or how to fix this?

Thank in advance!

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need a little advice or knowledge please.
I replaced the blend door actuator on my 2001 Tahoe. Now when the dial is on AC (blue) it blows hot air and when the dial is on heat (red) it blows cold air. It seems to reversed.

Any idea what I did wrong or how to fix this?

Thank in advance!
Just reverse the stickers on the dial. Jk, crossed connection maybe?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IF you used the correct actuator, it's possible you might have put it on with the door set the opposite direction.
you can try letting it self recalibrate by either pulling the hvac fuse or disconnect the battery
in either case after doing so just turn the key to run and give it a few seconds to calibrate, if you listen carefully you should hear all the doors moving back and forth then stop
if that does not work then you might need a scanner to do it or you purchased the wrong actuator, some of them look identical but are not for that location. like you could have bought one for the rear instead.