It's finally here! 2024 Yukon XL 3.0L 4WD in Sterling Metallic with Dark Walnut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shadeandsound

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After all my previous attempts of orders, chasing allocations, and working with dealers who wouldn't do exactly as I asked, this finally arrived yesterday. It was completed untouched just as I requested except for mandatory inspection--not even a wash since they would have used a brush, and I picked it up today after a test drive and thorough examination...and then paying the dealer of course.

- 3.0L 4WD
- Sterling Metallic
- Dark Walnut / Very Dark Ash Gray
- Magnetic Ride Control
- Illuminated Power Steps
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Bright Machined 22" Wheels

This has been ordered since February, and I went back and forth a little on just waiting for a 2025 instead after the first four months went by. I even cancelled for about a week thinking I would wait for a 2025, thus probably losing my theoretical spot in line, and ultimately decided I like the 2024 better. It may have been one of the very last 2024s to be made I think, based on the GMC updates about when it was made which was right around the official end of 2024 production I read about somewhere.

Going to have full frontal PPF installed by one of the very best I have ever seen here in N.C., then completely ceramic coated.

Next up, to be installed by me personally of course:

- Auto Start/Stop Eliminator
- Center Console Tray
- Diesel Cap
- LLumar IRX and AIR Series Nano-Ceramic Window Films all around and on sunroofs
- Dynamat Xtreme, Dynamat Pro X, Dynaliner, DynaCore, and DynaPad for respective applications on doors, cabin walls, sparing application on tailgate (so as not to add any consequential weight), and floors
- E scort Redline Ci 360C Fully-Integrated Front / Rear Radar / Laser System (this forum edits the brand name so I had to add the space?)
- Eventually going to defeat Active Noise Cancellation, add Digital Signal Processor / Amplifier (ARC Audio and/or Audison equipment) and all new speakers (likely Audison or Hybrid Audio Technologies), but am going to see how long I can live with the Bose, which is way, way too dashboard-focused in stock form

Any other suggestions?

Here's my proof it exists:

Attachments

• IMG_1504.jpg
    IMG_1504.jpg
    585.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1505.jpg
    IMG_1505.jpg
    535.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1506.jpg
    IMG_1506.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Great looking rig. I just got a new to me truck and the hardest thing to find was an interior that wasn’t black.
I’ve seen some ash/walnut interiors and they look great. Post up some pics of yours.
On your extensive list of mods I didn’t see any appearance items other than tint.
Are you keeping stock wheels?

OP
OP
shadeandsound

shadeandsound

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow! Great looking rig. I just got a new to me truck and the hardest thing to find was an interior that wasn’t black.
I’ve seen some ash/walnut interiors and they look great. Post up some pics of yours.
On your extensive list of mods I didn’t see any appearance items other than tint.
Are you keeping stock wheels?
Thanks! I just took some interior pictures and posted them. I'm going to keep the exterior fairly stock in appearance, and likely won't change the wheels since I really like the Bright Machined ones--or "MACHINEDED" as they are indicated on window stickers since no one has ever corrected the typo in GM's system.

This exact combination of engine, exterior color, interior colors, and options proved to be extremely elusive. While I was waiting on an allocation, I searched GMC, Auto Trader, Car Gurus, and Cars websites several times per week and only found two within the whole country exactly like it, both of which were several hundred miles away in states that would immediately drill into the front bumper for the plate bracket--blasphemy!

Attachments

• IMG_1530.jpg
    IMG_1530.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1531.jpg
    IMG_1531.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1532.jpg
    IMG_1532.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1533.jpg
    IMG_1533.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1534.jpg
    IMG_1534.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 3

BacDoc

Reaction score
Also I bought the exact center console tray - good news is it does organize nicely but bad news is that when you put stuff there it’s hard to get to the bottom big storage area. Not bad enough tho.

Also you have that power console and the bottom drawer is perfect storage for important stuff and it will hold a full size semi auto pistol like a Beretta 92FS or any 1911. I’ve tried a few different options and I currently like the old stand by - Smith and Wesson Chief Special .38 special as a small revolver is hard to beat for this application.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@BacDoc ard you referring to the “safe” in the console? I thought my Sierra Denali had it, according to the build sheet” but I don’t see anything like that. Can you snap a picture?

BacDoc

Reaction score
Here’s the center console in normal position
It moves back for extra storage area and the bottom drawer pulls out.
It has smaller revolver now but can hold full size semi auto pistol easily.
IMG_1230.jpegIMG_1795.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1229.jpeg
    IMG_1229.jpeg
    355.6 KB · Views: 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starnuts28

Latest posts