AC Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably low on freon. Compressor won't cycle on if pressures off(charge is low)

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure, looks guttentight.

Still has a clutch fan. Motor never runs hot either.
The fan clutch cooling vs the e fans are a night and day difference

You said it barely took any freon just now..

Sounds like your low pressure switch may be going, or the climate control module"if you have it" could be going out

Really sounds like a low pressure switch but the climate control unit will cycle clutch weird also... My bad aspirator did throw mine for a loop and make my compressor cycle on and off ever 15 seconds when its 100 degrees with blower on full tilt.

I know on climate control there is a sensor for the passenger side air vent temp also, its in the evap box somewhere.

If you have a air duster hit that aspirator with a few hits if you have it... never know.

Also does your front air get colder when you have the rear air on or off?

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The fan clutch cooling vs the e fans are a night and day difference

You said it barely took any freon just now..

Sounds like your low pressure switch may be going, or the climate control module"if you have it" could be going out

Really sounds like a low pressure switch but the climate control unit will cycle clutch weird also... My bad aspirator did throw mine for a loop and make my compressor cycle on and off ever 15 seconds when its 100 degrees with blower on full tilt.

I know on climate control there is a sensor for the passenger side air vent temp also, its in the evap box somewhere.

If you have a air duster hit that aspirator with a few hits if you have it... never know.

Also does your front air get colder when you have the rear air on or off?
I have the manual setup. The ac light on the switch lights up tho, but compressor doesn't come on--at all now.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the manual setup. The ac light on the switch lights up tho, but compressor doesn't come on--at all now.
Have you jumped the Low pressure switch on the accumulator under the hood? Jump the terminals with a piece of 16 or 14 gauge wire... If compressor fires off and stays on, then you got a bad pressure switch... With the manual that's about the only thing I can think of that will do that... If still nothing, check the plug at the compressor going to the clutch for voltage... you could have a bad clutch on there or the field falls on its face and disengages...

What the temp is outside where you are at along with the low side pressure when compressor is running, and when its off...

95 degrees outside you should see a low pressure in the 50 psi range to high 40s...

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Have you jumped the Low pressure switch on the accumulator under the hood? Jump the terminals with a piece of 16 or 14 gauge wire... If compressor fires off and stays on, then you got a bad pressure switch... With the manual that's about the only thing I can think of that will do that... If still nothing, check the plug at the compressor going to the clutch for voltage... you could have a bad clutch on there or the field falls on its face and disengages...

What the temp is outside where you are at along with the low side pressure when compressor is running, and when its off...

95 degrees outside you should see a low pressure in the 50 psi range to high 40s...
I haven't done anything else to it. Do you have a pic of the low pressure switch? Thx for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottLady