ac trouble... broken parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JubjubW

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I run the truck after taking the HVAC apart? I tried calling around to different parts stores, and they dont know which one I am in need of, so I wanted to take it out and show them

JenneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and I am hoping I do not need the front one and just the nut on the regular hose got stripped
No, you need the front evaporator core. But then again...what hose are you talking about?! Maybe you should post a picture of the damage.

Listen, to do this job you need an evaporator, a new accumulator, orifice tube and all new O-rings. I also suggest new schrader valves but the guy who purges, flushes & recharges your system after you replace those items can evaluate them.

Can I run the truck after taking the HVAC apart?
Well, you have to remove the dash, steering column etc. No sense in removing all that to get to the evaporator, then put it all back together just to take it apart again. It's a pretty big job.

BTW, no need to remove the compressor to redo the evaporator. Not sure why it was mentioned...

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
expansion valve? i assume you mean the front orifice tube.

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

i mentioned the compressor just in case he takes it out. just in case.

turk

Reaction score
My a/c just went out on my hoe... front clutch. They can't find a replacement part... 3 days later... still hot... no hoe. I hope they get it done today... $700 later.

The whole system was changed just 1 year and 1 month ago... 1 month past it's warranty. I think Global was the name of the manufacturer... it was just under a grand last year.

OP
OP
JubjubW

JubjubW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O snap, I wasnt aware that I needed to take out the steering column too!

I have a new compressor and drier on right now, just need new hoses and evaporator

AppleJuz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I were you I'd buy more different parts of chevy other than a new AC and stock them up as replacements for any of your future car troubles :)
:lol2::lol2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe Brian