Active Fuel Management on 2007 Nali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boulderado

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just upgraded from a 2003 Denali to a 2007 Denali XL. Does anyone know if this has the Active Fuel Management system? I looked in the user manual and did not see any reference to it. Thanks.

Reaction score
I just upgraded from a 2003 Denali to a 2007 Denali XL. Does anyone know if this has the Active Fuel Management system? I looked in the user manual and did not see any reference to it. Thanks.

Look thru your d.i.c. and see if you see a screen that says v-8 mode. If so you have afm. When you are driving with this screen displayed you can watch it go into v-4 mode when you let off the gas at highway speeds.

also look at your rpo codes in your glovebox. see if you have a "LMG". If so then you have afm

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started in 2010 so probably not. GM sets the AFM to engage with only very light throttle application. You are not using much in V8 mode coasting compared to V4 and it'll quickly go out of V4 if you go even slightly uphill, accelerate or into a strong wind.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think GM started putting the afm on the 6.2L in 2010. the 5.3 had them way before.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boulderado,
If you would like to send me your VIN number I can look into your vehicle and even send you’re your vehicle build.
Breanne
GM Customer Service

OP
OP
boulderado

boulderado

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Breanne, thanks for the offer. Here is the VIN: 1GKFK66827J354387

Also, could you let me know what the production date is for my Denali?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968