Added a little blue to the ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rockymt21

rockymt21

wing addict
Reaction score
It's pretty easy,

You'll need a philips head and flat head screwdriver and socket wrench (not sure on the size). Pop the hood and with the flat head screwdriver pop out all of the little plastic rivet-type pieces holding the plastic cover. Once that is removed, use the socket wrench and undo the bolt holding the grill to metal surrounding the hood latch. Then there are 4 phillips head clips in the four corner of the grill, turn those left until you feel a click. Then, on the two far sides of the grill where it goes between the headlights, push the grill inward and pull out to release the clips holding the ends in. That will get the grill shell off then once that's off just flip the grill over and push the 2 clips on the backside of the bowtie in and it will pop off.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks bud! Seems pretty easy to me. Might have another project for the weekend!

OP
OP
rockymt21

rockymt21

wing addict
Reaction score
Thanks bud! Seems pretty easy to me. Might have another project for the weekend!

It is definitely a good project! Depending on how you want it to look you can paint the bowtie on either the outside or inside of the plastic. Painting on the outside will make the paint look much better, which is why I repainted mine, but it's also more prone to wear from mother nature. Painting on the inside of the plastic will protect the paint from the elements, however it doesn't "pop" as much because the plastic dulls the color and gloss. Painting on the inside is also a longer process and costs a little more money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968