Advent OGM1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BabyHuey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm nota big fan of aftermarket taht looks stock. I prefer to go completely aftermarket. Most of these units are never that good, and are problematic....atleast from what ive seen

OP
OP
S

scmaverick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I heard the Rosen unit was terrible so that's the only thing I could compare it to. This user on youtube did some videos on the Advent: http://www.youtube.com/user/adcmobile

I had my Tahoe broken into and had the entire dash and Nav system ripped out so I was trying to avoid something that looked aftermarket. To each his own though.

OP
OP
S

scmaverick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
whats your budget?

Haven't really set a budget. I bought the DNX6980 for $849.00 so that's much better than anywhere else online. It hasn't been delivered yet though. All of the components to make it work with the steering wheel, bose, onstar, etc. are bumping the price up. Plus I need the Kenwood XM100V for XM and that's pretty tough to find.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check with one of our vendors, on the right, NAV TV, they may have the hook ups you need, and get the discounts from being a memebr here.

I recently bought the Clarion NX501 piece, has ability same as that one but far less expensive. About $650. Back up camera, bluetooth, USB for ipod, etc,.....love it, actually have two, using one, other in closet.

OP
OP
S

scmaverick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently bought the Clarion NX501 piece, has ability same as that one but far less expensive. About $650. Back up camera, bluetooth, USB for ipod, etc,.....love it, actually have two, using one, other in closet.

Where'd you pickup the NX501 from for that price? Was it from a local dealer or online?

How's the navigation on it? I think I may go with the NX501 as opposed to the OGM1 or the Kenwood DNX6980. Just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Anything about the unit that you don't like or that is better than you thought it would be??

Thanks!

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sent ya a PM. Love it, actually waited from end of last year until March once they were released.
The NX501 replaced the older model.

OP
OP
S

scmaverick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sent ya a PM. Love it, actually waited from end of last year until March once they were released.
The NX501 replaced the older model.
Thanks. Got the PM but can't reply because I don't have enough posts yet.

Was trying to find it locally for cheaper but haven't had much luck yet. The good thing about online is no tax so that would save me a little bit too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968