AFM Disable Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A quick google search brought up at 15 performance shops in Pheonix, AZ (not sure how far that is from you), and I'm willing to bet 10-12 of them use HP Tuners. Shouldn't be more than $200 for the credits and for them to toggle AFM off. It literally takes 10min as others have stated.

If you're wanting to cough up the dough to get your own, look up HP Tuners MPVI. The MPVI3 recently came out, so MPVI2s should be dropping in price especially if used. Expect to pay $4-500 for a used MPVI2 and x2 credits. It may seem like a lot, but it's definitely far less expensive than repairing the damage from lifter failure, as you are aware.
a brand new mpvi3 is $400 guy. anyone paying that for a used mpvi2, or god forbid an original mpvi, is brain dead.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to update on my SMOG test, drove about 130 miles all short drives, o2 monitor was ready.
But what I thought was an EVAP monitor (HPTuners' VCM scanner), was actually EGR (Smog station and Tech2).

So I STILL haven't passed despite only having one monitor not ready. (Smog guy said evap would've been OK)
Will take some longer drives soon!

Last edited:

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need longer drives. You need drives where you go fast enough for the TCC to lockup,
then slow down UNDER that speed, then get back OVER that speed, then under, then over ...
EGR tends to wait to activate until the vehicle is going fast enough to lock the TCC.

Try not to decelerate with your foot totally off the gas.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how does egr work when we don't have a egr valve? anyone know what it's looking for?

so sounds like the 3 monitors Un set is not rear. can only skip 1 and that only is evap. which is good, cause I sware that never sets lol.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I read somewhere accelerate hard to 55, hold steady 5 minutes, closed throttle decel for a long time....
But yea, what the heck is it lookin for?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just read Marky D's post 2 posts above, great info. Will try that out!
(Other sequence I mentioned was probably for EVAP)

Hope my trans tune doesn't make it more difficult because my TCC stays locked until downshifting like the 2015+ tunes..
Don't think it unlocks while staying in the same gear (4,5,6) ...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aj124