aftermarket gauge location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Akuma Inu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anybody using a boost gauge or any other gauges in a NNBS? Looking for ideas as to where to mount them. I thought about the A pillar, but the air bag is there, so didn't think that was such a good idea in case of a crash. I have a boost gauge that I want to install, but don't know where to put it and make it look good. If you have suggestions and/or pics also, that would be great.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine has an airbag in the A pillar, it says 'airbag' so that would be a safe bet :)

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it may be worth it to pop that A pillar cover off... Its just the metal spring clips holding it in, and the airbag is all in the TOP of the A pillar. I cant speak intelligently about how it would deploy... but the bag itself sits up top. I would think the gauge would well below the bottom of the bag.

kdawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How about this...

P2130008.jpg

From a place called performance guage pods out of Texas

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it may be worth it to pop that A pillar cover off... Its just the metal spring clips holding it in, and the airbag is all in the TOP of the A pillar. I cant speak intelligently about how it would deploy... but the bag itself sits up top. I would think the gauge would well below the bottom of the bag.

The way the airbag works is it breaks the plastic screw holding it in at the top, and it folds down (aka if a gauge was on there, it would probably go shooting off, effing you up in the process). If you have pulled that plastic piece off, you'll see how it comes off and that's how it comes off during an airbag deployment. The airbag in the steering wheel stops that from hitting your face.

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

And if you don't have the 4wd selector knob, you can put it in that opening.

kdawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well sorry guys, looks like the company that made the gauge mount that i posted is no longer...... Can't find their web page

OP
OP
Akuma Inu

Akuma Inu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea, looks like I'm going to have to fab something up myself to make it work. That pod that kdawg posted would work great if I could find a place that made one like that. Maybe I'll just try and get another trim piece and fiberglass one up myself. Thanks for the idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968