Air Conditioner blowing out defrost only.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ash4kel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So it started when I changed the radio and disconnected the battery. I have read that this can somtimes can be resolved by disconnecting the battery again and letting it reset or by taking the HVAC fuse out and letting it reset. I have done both of these to no avail, but when I take the HVAC fuse out the blower then will begin blowing out the vents properly but when the fuse is replaced it goes back to blowing only out the defrost. This is on a 2003 GMC Yukon and it does not have the auto airconditioning, it is the manual dual zone. The rear a/c seems fine. Thanks in advance, Scott

jason22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wish i could find some answers, mines doing the same thing exactly, anyone know the solution?

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of your blend door actuators could be bad. If so, it sounds like the mode actuator(defrost, vents, floor).
Here's a thread that shows how to replace the hot/cold actuator but at the bottom of the first post he tells you how to reset the actuator. I'd try that first.
http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15787

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968