Air leak, brand-new Yukon Denali, Black Edition 22"s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dsw3010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You might be correct. I have thought about this as a problem with the wheel and the hole. As I said earlier, the dealer is replacing the right front do to damage caused when changing the wheel. Before any installation, I'll be able to get a closer look at the wheel and observe how the stem fits. My reason for joining this forum was to hopefully find another member who has experienced the exact problem. i'm sure someone else has the same 2018 Yukon Denali, Limited Black Edition model. I have no problem trying to solve this issue on my own, but getting lucky and finding another guy with the same issue, and solved same would give me the direction to get this done. Thanks for you input. Dave

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is a problem with one particular wheel. Any valve stem installed is soon leaking. Logic would dictate that there is a problem with the mounting hole for the valve stem. A bur from machining or the hole being misshapen is causing the seal to rapidly fail. The easiest fix is to replace the wheel. Or take the tire off, valve stem out and compare it to another and see if it can be easily fixed with files or sandpaper. If the hole is out of round, a machinist could make it true and install a sleeve to accept a standard valve stem again but in today's world, it's easier to throw it away and get another.

Didn't the OP mention that both the right and left front valve stems had to be replaced at different times?

OP
OP
D

dsw3010

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Didn't the OP mention that both the right and left front valve stems had to be replaced at different times?
Yes I think that was mentioned. Quick re-cap. I started a trip from Pa. to Conn. Approx. 1600 miles on the vehicle. Had issues shortly after purchase, maybe 500-800 miles, not sure of that. Thought I might have a nail, pulled wheel, soaped same down, thoroughly checked. no leak detected. Checked with hand gauge to verify true leak. Leak sort of stabilized itself. , but upon hitting the Interstate at higher speeds, the leak came alive again. Had to limp back to the dealer. Item fixed (right tire). Proceeded with trip. Somewhere near the N.Y. border, started having problems with the left front. Return trip, many stops to air same up. Back to the dealer, they couldn't detect a leak, they changed the stem. All is good at this point. I have to wait for the next higher speed test to see. When this problem is found and fixed, I will provide the information. Dave

Somec1982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same vehicle with the same rims and my right front leaks as soon as I drive at highway speeds, but not driving around town. Was your problem resolved with the valve stem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925