air ride kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the "black" series, they now use a sleeve bag instead of the double convoluted. They're supposed to be a 4" stroke shock but I get 6" of travel.
Yes torsion bars and the crossmember for them I took off too.

thanks for the response. did you install lowered spindles as well? i have spindles i am going to install before i get the bags. i thought about arms and spindles, but i think that would be too much for me. this is my DD

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it's got drop spindles too. I may look into a-arms too if I figure out my ride height won't be too low. This is my wifes daily driver, kiddie hauler..

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it's got drop spindles too. I may look into a-arms too if I figure out my ride height won't be too low. This is my wifes daily driver, kiddie hauler..

it rides like a cadi? i was wondering about those black series bags and hoped they rode good. nice to hear from some one who's installed them. any pics of the front set up?

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall it rides excellent. The front always rode nice, maybe a little nicer now. The rear is nice but the djm shocks are a tad stiff, something softer would top it off.
I talked to them guys about the black series and on a truck there's just nothing to gain by using the adjustables. On something that carves corners you'd gain a lot.

I'll snap a few pics in a bit. The hardest part was cutting the front bumpstops off, everything else was simple and straight forward. Torsion bar removal for me was simple, nothing was rusted or seized.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall it rides excellent. The front always rode nice, maybe a little nicer now. The rear is nice but the djm shocks are a tad stiff, something softer would top it off.
I talked to them guys about the black series and on a truck there's just nothing to gain by using the adjustables. On something that carves corners you'd gain a lot.

I'll snap a few pics in a bit. The hardest part was cutting the front bumpstops off, everything else was simple and straight forward. Torsion bar removal for me was simple, nothing was rusted or seized.

my front rides ok now, but hopefully with these new MCG spindles i'll get a better ride. i already blew my cups off with a plasma cutter so i'm good LOL. i also spoke to ART about the black series, but i always prefer to speak to real owners. people that work for companies i usually dont trust LOL

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a6898c2d-bf20-cab1.jpg

a6898c2d-bf49-53c2.jpg

a6898c2d-bf70-08f9.jpg

a6898c2d-bfa4-867c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES