Air ride shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leylah

Nor * Cal
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Born & Raised in Cali - Now residing in Indiana
Im assuming thats what they are called?
Anyhow... was looking underneath & noticed that airbag on both sides are ripped. Ive had my truck a few yrs & never noticed (some here know how observant I am lol), so idk how long its been that way...never noticed a dif w/ way it rides or sits.
Im guessing its more for hauling :shrug:
So I guess question is... if its a must to replace, does it have to be "cadillac" or just any GM type?

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
You have several options. If you like the stock ride of the Escalade and prefer high quality components, go with OEM replacements from RockAuto. You can go the cheap way and get "rebuilt" OEM ones or ones made by a company named Arnott Industries.

Personally, when mine die, I will be getting the GM shocks again. Guaranteed plug & play, no error cancel modules, no rewiring, probably the highest quality. Probably the more expensive way too.

rd122481

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased Monroe Part #: 90012. I have only had them on for less than a month, but I like them so far. It converts the electronic ride control shocks in the front to traditional shocks. It does the same for the rear except that it keeps the airbag load leveling feature as long as your compressor is still operable. It also comes with resistors to trick the BCM into thinking that the electronic portion of the shocks are still there...which means no service ride control message. :)

chipf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased Monroe Part #: 90012. I have only had them on for less than a month, but I like them so far. It converts the electronic ride control shocks in the front to traditional shocks. It does the same for the rear except that it keeps the airbag load leveling feature as long as your compressor is still operable. It also comes with resistors to trick the BCM into thinking that the electronic portion of the shocks are still there...which means no service ride control message. :)

chipf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this post goes way back but if by chance you might get this.....just wondering how the Monroe's held up and your final review ?

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did this to help loaded towing:

So I noticed when loaded these djm springs are a little on the soft side. The stockers even with with the auto leveling not working still handled load well. I knew I needed to address this. I inquired about an air spring kit for lowered vehicles and they told me I need to measure. Once I got my measurement I ordered a custom fit kit for the rear coil springs. I figured it would be a good time to retire the probably original 200k mile shocks also.

20170108_160709_zpska0hayd0.jpg

20170107_162134_zpsgdp2pp9a.jpg

Here is a pic of the stock shocks with the blown out air bladders plus the compressor that was mouted to the framerail.

20170108_132046_zpspdaprox1.jpg

Here is the rear end sagging, and the new air spring helper installed.

20170108_140047_zpsl7edmfbt.jpg

I routed the lines, T'd them together and ran it to a schrader valve i installed near the hitch. They fill up really quick with the shop compressor, think bycicle tire quick.

20170108_143313_zpskibrwzfr.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austin19