Alarm help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, in just the last 3 days I've been having a problem with the alarm installed in my truck. It is a Crimestoppers Super Page CS-2014fm and I believe that the shock sensor installed with it is causing my alarm to go off for no reason!! It's been at least once a day and on the second day it went off twice on me!! Everytime it's gone off it has been in the middle of the night, except on the second day where it actually went off in the middle of the day when I know for a fact nothing set it off!!

I at first thought it was the hood pin switch since I've had problems with those in the past, but I took it off and cleaned off all the rust and actually have it working near perfectly now, but it's still going off on its own!! So now I'm thinking its the shock sensor because when it goes off, a little hammer will appear on the 2 way pager and that means that someones bumped it to make it go off!!

So my question is, to replace it do I need to buy one specifically for that alarm or can I find one with the right amount of wires to it and adapt it?

The alarm isn't made anymore and I'm afraid that to buy the one that goes for that alarm is gonna be as much to buy as a new alarm would be!! For now, I can manually arm the alarm and bypass that sensor, but would rather get this figured out and fixed!! The alarm has been great for the last 5 years that I've owned the truck and am not looking forward to paying someone to change out alarms because one part of it is bad!!

Any help on this will be highly appreciated, I love electrical but am not a fan on working on alarms!!

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Attachments

• DSC00584.jpg
    DSC00584.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00585.JPG
    DSC00585.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 6

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like to me it could be an issue with the "brains" of the alarm. I had a Viper alarm do something similar to me on a 94 ECSB I had. Luckily, Viper replaced it for free for me.

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the general forum but I'll post it here to:

Have you checked the voltage on your battery? Sounds like you battery is going out. Mine was doing the same thing for a while. For some reason when the voltage drops to a certain level it will trigger the alarm to go off. I didn't know it was the battery until it totally gave out and I had to replace it. That is when the alarm stopped its craziness. This might not be your problem but it sounds like the same issue I was having.

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the battery about 5 months ago brand new, and it's the biggest Interstate battery I could get!! But it's still a great idea and will check it anyways here in a bit!

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a new battery go bad on me quick before. Also make sure the alternator is charging properly. If it's not due to the voltage then it must be something with the system itself (obviously).

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, during one of my stops today driving the truck, I went to start it and it just went click!! Come to find out the positive cable to the battery was loose, so I'm hoping maybe that could be the cause of my alarm delema (doubt it but never hurts to hope sometimes!! ). Also, last night before I went to bed, I manually bypass the shock sensor through the remote (it's an option I can do through the remote) and it didn't go off at all last night!! So, gonna bypass it again and see if stays off tonight!! We shall see!

Plus, checked the voltage on my battery in the truck, and it's still good and strong, so I can safely rule that out!!

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking the loose battery cable was probably the culprit. But to be sure, dont bypass the shock sensor and see what happens. If it works fine then great. If it goes off again, replace the sensor. Most eill plug right into the brain, but if the plugs do not match, just cut the pigtail off the old one and splice it onto the new sensor. Blue to blue, green to green, red to red, and black to black.

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking the loose battery cable was probably the culprit. But to be sure, dont bypass the shock sensor and see what happens. If it works fine then great. If it goes off again, replace the sensor. Most eill plug right into the brain, but if the plugs do not match, just cut the pigtail off the old one and splice it onto the new sensor. Blue to blue, green to green, red to red, and black to black.

I didn't bypass the sensor last night and it went off again!! I will bypass the sensor again tonight and if it doesn't go off then it looks like a new sensor will be on order soon!! Gotta get this fixed, I priced out new systems and that's not gonna happen anytime soon!!

Anyone know where to buy a new sensor from without going broke doing it?

OP
OP
Rivieraracing

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, been messing with this @*!*!*@**@**!*@* alarm this whole time and I think I've come to the conclusion that my problem is with the shock sensor! It won't go off on me whenever I manually bypass it as well as if I unplug it from the alarm, but if I plug it back in and set the alarm like normal, it will go off like it has been been doing around 3ish in the morning!! My poor neighbors!!
So I was wondering, before I go out and buy a new sensor, would it benefit me to mess with the sensitivity setting at all and see if that silences the alarm over night but still works? Or is it common for them to get haywire and needing to be replaced? I have some pretty cool neighbors that have been patient with everything, even telling me what it's been doing every night that it has gone off and made any sound, but I'm not wanting to piss them off!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365