Alright, that f&*^ing squeak from the rear doors..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's causing it and how do I fix it? Silicone on the weatherstripping?

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about the hinges, I put white lithium grease on mine to prevent this and they haven't started to show any signs of noise. If it's from the weather stripping itself then I don't know what to tell you. I liked the white lithium grease because I don't have to go back and do it again. It stays greased.

Last edited:

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got an old kitchen sponge/ scrubber pad, put some interior dressing on the scrubber side of it, and then scrubbed that area of the seal. No further issues.

Green_Back_Scrubber_Sponge.summ.jpg
+
G4116_NaturalShine.jpg
=
images.gif

Last edited:

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
I used a little wd-40. Spray a little on a rag and rub it into the weatherstrip. I might have to use something else, like silicone or something else.

BigFella

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having this same issue with the back door noise. I rubbed the weather stripping with WD-40, which helped for a while but then it came back. Plus my truck smelled like a garage for a couple of days. I think I'll try Eagle's technique. If it doesn't work, I could still use the Meguiars somewhere else in the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwaynedoublin1

Latest posts