Alternator thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EMF Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with or concerned about this alternator?

http://www.amazon.com/Output-Altern...d=1369257549&sr=8-1&keywords=alternator+yukon

I need to replace mine.

As a general rule, any alternator under $200 won't do more than 150 amps reliably. If that is like most of the other ones like its claims and price, it will do that 250 amps at a very high RPM, won't gain anything at idle, and in a year or less it will die. They put a high output rotor in a stock case, call it high output and push it out the door cheap. The rest of it is not designed to take that power, and gets stressed, and fails.

619NJ

Reaction score
Go check out DC Power Engineering. Their alternators are second to none.

619 the Chef choppin' lips and deep-frying Mud Ducks in the Yellin' Yukon and I'm gone...

EMF Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go check out DC Power Engineering. Their alternators are second to none.

619 the Chef choppin' lips and deep-frying Mud Ducks in the Yellin' Yukon and I'm gone...

That's what I've got on my truck, but if he doesn't need high output, no point in spending the extra money.

619NJ

Reaction score
You make a valid point. I'm ordering an xp 370 in the future to run some pretty awesome cb gear...very impressed with dc's tech behind their products

OP
OP
R

rollin23s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am getting an e fan and I have an audio logic 400 watt amp and jl audio 400 watt amp. I am also looking at some HIDs. I think I have a pretty decent current draw. I also plan on doing the big 3.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

EMF Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting an e fan and I have an audio logic 400 watt amp and jl audio 400 watt amp. I am also looking at some HIDs. I think I have a pretty decent current draw. I also plan on doing the big 3.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

That's not that much in the grand scheme of things. You have a 105 amp now right? A 145 amp reman will probably be OK. You can't go wrong with a high output, just may not be necessary. DC Power makes some basic ones for $300 that are 185 amp and stronger at idle I believe. That would certainly cover it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou