amp install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

staydubbin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im going to be installing an amp and subs... ive installed tons of these but never to a stock stereo... anyone know what wires i will need to put the wire from the amp into? i believe its the remote wire?

OP
OP
S

staydubbin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ooo no i wasnt i didnt think about those either what do i do with those... i was talking about the small wire

718frankb

LOCAL 282 TEAMSTERS
Reaction score
off hand i know that the yellow on the back of the radio is a switched 12v but the amp will be on anytime the truck is on .you should get a tester or dmm ant test all the wires on the back of the radio you only want it to have juice when the radio is on you can also get the remote signal on the factory amp under the knee bolster

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

line converter for the rca's check out this site for more info www.the12volt.com

grnrpr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
use your ignition wire for the remote turn on for your amp then it will only turn on when your key is on then just hook the line converter up to the rear speaker leads and there you go

LikeArock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes use the blue wire it turns on the factory amp if so equipped.....If your using an rca converter hooked into your factory speaker wires might want to invest in a real nice one and invest in an external crossover as u will be able to adjust the bass from this instead of pumpin the bass thru the factory rear speakers....Plus if you get a nice line converter you can turn up the output from it to give the preouts to the crossover a stronger signal....Most factory speaker output voltage is around 2volts....Most aftermarket stereo's rca preouts are from 4 to 6 volts so you can see the difference...I cant tell you how many install repairs I have done for friends and friends of friends that have killed there interior speakers by having to adjust the factory bass way up just to get the subs to sound good.....Just FYI and my 2 cents

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can run the remote to the fuse for the radio, and for the rca's you'll need a line driver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachawn213