2025 mid-model refresh 3L duramax issues corrected?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Melmills

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Seems like everywhere I go, someone is having issues with their GM vehicle. I am personally in the middle of a lemon law with my 2021 GMC Yukon XL Denali 3L Duramax 4WD (whew that’s a mouthful).
I love my car, I love love love it. But it seems to be having countless issues and too many people are experiencing issues as well. Has GMC made any changes or corrections for the issues their vehicle are having, or did they just do an interior refresh, raise the price by 10% and wash their hands of the issues? The last thing I want to do is put myself right back into this same problem. Tempted to just go get an 02’ Excursion and call it a day.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What issues are you having with your '21 XL Duramax?

The '25 refresh will come with an updated interior and exterior. The diesel engine changes from the LM2 to the LZ0. Tons of information available if you search the LZ0 engine. It's already being used in the 1/2 ton trucks. More torque, more HP, steel pistons, different turbo, and a few other refinements. It's about 80% the same engine as the LM2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woody2801