Amps underneath Captain chair?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctd1666

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an '07 Tahoe LTZ. I am looking to put a 10" Kicker CVT in the "jack storage compartment" on the rear drivers side of the vehicle. I am going to get a custom box built into there just as a few others on this site have shown. I will also be putting Infinity Kappa 6 1/2 components in the front and 6 1/2's in the rear doors. My issue is the amp selection.

Oakland0830 has a great setup, however I have discovered that the Yukon's have considerably more depth under the second row captains chairs than the Tahoe's do. My Tahoe has at the most 8" of depth from the base of the captains chair to the hump that the seat latches secure into. The Yukon must have at least 11" or so. I was looking at putting an Alpine PDX 600.1 and an Alpine PDX 100.4 under the seats. They are both the same size (approx 8 1/2" deep). I think this may be pushing the limit of the space though.

Has anyone else had this issue in the Tahoe. If so what are some quality amps that will fit in this space under these seats. I would like to have 2 matching amps that will push the sub and the component speakers. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo