Annoying driver door noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labman2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 ltz and I have an annoying noise when going over bumps. The noise sounds like it is coming from the drivers side door but I have taken it apart and couldn't find anything. The noise sounds like a screw is in there bouncing around. Has anyone else heard of this or had this problem. I'm almost ready to put some spray foam in the bottom of the door.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Do you ever put change in your door pocket? Sometimes it can get beind the panel from that pocket and rattle. Other than that, i would just check and make sure everythings tight. I would steer away from putting spray foam in the bottom of the door. Those holes at the bottom are drains for water to exit the door.

OP
OP
L

Labman2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am very picky about anything being in a spot it's not supposed to be so needless to say nothing goes in that pocket. Good point on the foam and I guess I will just have to take it apart again and check everything. Thanks for the reply!

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace the infamous door lock actuator things on my driver side and broke one of the clips that hold the cable going from the inside door handle to the actual door latch inside the door. It rattles every once in a while but I'm to lazy to pop the door panel off and don't want to cause more rattles from taking the panel off and wearing the clips that hold it on out.

OP
OP
L

Labman2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to take mine apart this weekend again so ill have to look at that and see if mine are broke. Hopefully I find something, noises drive me crazy. I had one right above the 3rd row light where the headliner would bounce and the tape would make a clicking noise. Fixed that one ASAP.

booyaltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a rattle (and still have it) from the hood release handle under the steering wheel. Could that be it? Next time you hear it, try grabbing the handle to see if it stops.

OP
OP
L

Labman2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be I'm not positive but when it rattles I can push outward real ******* the door panel and it will stop so that's why I think it's something in the door.

itsDLF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the sound is a faint "ticking" sound as you go over bumps, check the post that the front door latch rests on. The post that attaches to the "B" pillar. On my old 08, mine felt solid but in fact the inner roller that the latch actually hits was loose. Meaning a $3 part was making this annoying occasional ticking noise that drove me nuts. 4th greatest day of my life when that got fixed (after 3 children).

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be I'm not positive but when it rattles I can push outward real ******* the door panel and it will stop so that's why I think it's something in the door.

Hello Labman2012. I know you are asking everyone for their help and/or advice but I wanted to let you know if there was anything I could assist you with Private Message. I will be happy to assist.

Jennifer T,
GM Customer Care Service