Another New Tahoe Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slambin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so i picked up my 2004 Tahoe LS 4x4 with the 5.3. its been 7 years since ive driven a gasser. I have ran diesels since i was 17. I know about the intermediate steering shaft that is knocking. the truck has 80000 miles on it. im gonna be using the tahoe mostly for daily driving to work and back and every now and then to pull my boat to the camp. are there any other problems that may be popping up soon on the truck? again sorry for being a newb, but ive been driving cummins diesels for years on the farm.

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! These vehicles are pretty solid from my experience. Transmission is the only thing that I've seen that is known to go out after about 150k+ miles or so.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bienvenidos.

gauge cluster stepper motors.

if it is under 80k you can get GM to fix it free. Otherwise you can do it yourself.

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another newb

Don't feel like starting new thread - change my mind and start a new thread.
For slambin, I think the most common issues with tahoes are fuel pump and intermediate steering.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts