Another New Tahoe Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

slambin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks everyone. im looking for a ranchhand style grill guard and some type of leveling kit for it. any recommendations?

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome man.. haha you have been stokin and cumin your whole life now you finally got a **! the majority of the people here are real nice and helpful so dont be afraid to ask stupid questions :D

um the most important thing is that you dont treat your tahoe like a diesel our parts arnt as heavy built as the diesels which is obvious but just keep that in mind. so dont go yankin on big shit you will wear out the tranny. but other than that ENJOY THE CHEAP OIL CHANGES!

Last edited:

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eagle,

What is this gauge cluster stepper motors you speak of?

the electric motors that drive the gauge needles are defective. All of them. Unless GM already replaced the entire cluster one of them will eventually quit out of the blue.

You can replace the motors themselves at home, following a write up from OmarR. Cost is about $18 for parts ($10 S&H) and $20 for tools if you don't own a soldering iron and solder sucker. Time is 1 hour.

Dealership cost is $500 -$600 and 1/2 day or more of sitting around.

mine cost me $50 to fix, and $200 to take defensive driving for the ticket recieved when my speedo decided to be 10 mph off mid-drive. (73 in a 60)

OP
OP
S

slambin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
welcome man.. haha you have been stokin and cumin your whole life now you finally got a **! the majority of the people here are real nice and helpful so dont be afraid to ask stupid questions :D

um the most important thing is that you dont treat your tahoe like a diesel our parts arnt as heavy built as the diesels which is obvious but just keep that in mind. so dont go yankin on big shit you will wear out the tranny. but other than that ENJOY THE CHEAP OIL CHANGES![/QUOTE]

Thats prolly a bad thing, i actually have to pay for the oil now. with the diesels i just used our tractor oil on the farm. the only thing the tahoe will pull is my small boat which prolly doesnt even weight 3500 lbs. Thanks again for all the help.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the electric motors that drive the gauge needles are defective. All of them. Unless GM already replaced the entire cluster one of them will eventually quit out of the blue.

You can replace the motors themselves at home, following a write up from OmarR. Cost is about $18 for parts ($10 S&H) and $20 for tools if you don't own a soldering iron and solder sucker. Time is 1 hour.

Dealership cost is $500 -$600 and 1/2 day or more of sitting around.

mine cost me $50 to fix, and $200 to take defensive driving for the ticket recieved when my speedo decided to be 10 mph off mid-drive. (73 in a 60)

Thanks Bro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100