Another Newbie from Oregon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The water looks so blue--like it's fake.
Back in the mid 90's someone turned me on to that lake as a point of interest. Since then, I always wanted to see it in person. It looks airbrushed in photos. But that's exactly what it looks like in real life. Clarity is up to 150' at times and it's nearly 2000' deep. Rain water and snow melt are the only two things that keep the lake fed. And it continually maintains it's depth within 16' since it's creation. It is one of the cleanest and deepest lakes on the planet, if I understand correctly.

Last edited:

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you stay at the hotel on site?
No, actually it was all part of a 2-week long RV road trip we embarked on. We got on route 66 in St. Louis, MO and ended in Crater Lake, OR. After 2 days of Crater Lake, my wife and I hopped on a plane and flew back home. Friends we were with continued the trip back east to NY in the RV from there.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you came across the state of Oregon, I wonder if you heard of and stopped at a place called "Cowboy Dinner Tree". It is in Christmas Valley. You can google it for more info. Great food and has served lots of celebrities. I went there one time, while on a hunting trip, and Earnest Borgnine was there in his big RV. He bought dinner for everyone. Sam Elliot is known for popping in there. Sam lives close to the area in a town called Brownsville.

By area, I mean close to the Eugene area, in Western Oregon.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus