another warranty issue with the wife's '21

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the HVAC noise - and what is the 02 cable? Oxygen Sensor?
at engine idle; HVAC fan on the lowest setting
there was a clicking noise coming from the dash on the passenger side; sounds like the fan was hitting something
if you changed the fan speed (anything but low) or rev'd the engine the noise would go away

The tech found that the oxygen sensor cord wasn't secured as it should be, it was rattling against something in the engine bay causing the noise to come through the dash.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at engine idle; HVAC fan on the lowest setting
there was a clicking noise coming from the dash on the passenger side; sounds like the fan was hitting something
if you changed the fan speed (anything but low) or rev'd the engine the noise would go away

The tech found that the oxygen sensor cord wasn't secured as it should be, it was rattling against something in the engine bay causing the noise to come through the dash.
i Have this same issue... Is this a sensor in the exhaust system or further up in the engine compartment. It is annoying but not a showstopper. I'd fix it myself if I could fine explicitly where it is...

OP
OP
S

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet if you had it idle then went under the hood you'd be able to see/hear something rattling. It'll need to be against the back of the engine so it could hit the firewall.

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I have been very lucky w my GM's. For me, they have been the only cars with no issues. The worst thing that has happened to me with my 21 Tahoe Duramax has been the key left in car message when it wasn't and the service safety restraint system notice needing service. Those went away on their own. I have had the same good experiences with three Bonneville 3800's, two Caprices, z28 convertible, '05 Deville and 2016 Impala. My disastermobiles have been E-Class MB and Lexus and then the cars I just hated no matter what they did like Honda. The only foreign car I had that was really good was my '06 Mitsubishi Evo IX, but I couldn't live w it, too stressful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I have been very lucky w my GM's. For me, they have been the only cars with no issues. The worst thing that has happened to me with my 21 Tahoe Duramax has been the key left in car message when it wasn't and the service safety restraint system notice needing service. Those went away on their own. I have had the same good experiences with three Bonneville 3800's, two Caprices, z28 convertible, '05 Deville and 2016 Impala. My disastermobiles have been E-Class MB and Lexus and then the cars I just hated no matter what they did like Honda. The only foreign car I had that was really good was my '06 Mitsubishi Evo IX, but I couldn't live w it, too stressful.
Before this denali we have had near zero issues with other gm products that we have owned (tahoe's / denali's / 1500 pickups / 2500 pickups / z28's / corvette's). Spending this much time at the gm dealer is a new experience for us.

OP
OP
S

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update on the appointment

- Washer pump dead, no parts available, no eta for when they 'might' be available; dealer stated they are waiting for a pile of them and haven't seen any for quite sometime.
- HVAC noise was the 02 cable rattling in the engine bay
- No update on the GM case (cold center console) from 2021; still open waiting on GM. [On the plus side, I'm now aware of 2 2023's with the same behavior]
- Needs an alignment. It was aligned when they put the BF AT KO's on the truck at time of delivery, now 30k later it needs another alignment.

So it will be going back to the dealer when the pump arrives and for an alignment and when the gm case gets a resolution.
updates
- washer pump arrived, dealer has the repair scheduled for the 12th of December
- still no update on the GM Case from 2021 (case is still open, gm working diligently per my dealer)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adtd51