Another wheel theft thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Unfortunately you cant prevent it, and thats why we have insurance. I dont need any more personal information out there than already is. Maybe a VIN number, but still, 9 out of 10 places wont report it anyway so whats the use.

When you do suspect someone has your wheels, hard for them to disprove that they aren't yours if your vin is in em.

OP
OP
fiatdale

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I don't think I'm going to confront the kind of person who would steal them in the first place. I'm all about the 2nd amendment, but I wont push to get my wheels back when most likely they're thugs.

And the chances of actually getting them back - slim to none.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I've found stolen items on craigslist and couldn't prove they were mine. You can find them it's not hard just gotta have evidence

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Welcome to the club. Except I think someone mentioned to doesn't happen in north texas, it happened to me in Dfw. Got insurance to get me ck916's though. Priority number 1 when I get my new garage cleaned is to put vin and ph number inside wheels. I am also waiting on more wheel locks. Considering getting the rimlox when I get more established with the new job.

I meant north tx like red river area. Dfw is big and sketchy I stayed by the Dallas convention center for a couple days and at night it gets sketchy. Not surprised since I see a lot of theft recoveries from copart down there

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

I hear garland is pretty sketchy aswell. That's also the biggest racing scene in dfw but that's another topic

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'm going to confront the kind of person who would steal them in the first place. I'm all about the 2nd amendment, but I wont push to get my wheels back when most likely they're thugs.

And the chances of actually getting them back - slim to none.

Had a set of wheels stolen from my wife's 94' accord once. Found them three days later. Arrest made and we got restitution for the rest of the car as well from the defendant.

Not saying you would just randomly go around accusing people that they stole your wheels, but if there was a mark on the tire, curb rash, or something noticeable and you see them on Craigslist the day after you got them jacked, it makes it alot easier to have the police verify the vin etched on the inner barrel. Otherwise it's your word versus theirs and you're SOL.

guy from norcal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:sorry: that kind of shit really pisses me off !! I work hard to have nice things,not to have scum bags just steal it from me :emotions122:

tlsnokuyeulb

Reaction score
I do plan on keeping this thing till it dies, hopefully a long time. Maybe not a number but the vin for sure. I did move to a safer area just last week. Hopefully no more problems, but will still do the steps to protect and hopefully prevent.

Garland can be pretty sketchy too.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
I know this happened a bit ago, but ********!!! Sorry to see that man. Punk thieves,nothing worse.
Hope insurance takes care of it correct for ya.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
C5 tiger has a nice set of ck375 for sale. Kind of a distance away but a nice hard to find set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Queen_313