Any Advice for Move to NNBS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the same engine? I've got the 4.8 in my 02 and the 08 I'm looking at tomorrow has it too. I never got the BB tune in the 02 but would consider it for the new one.

May I recommend that you opt for at least a 5.3 powered ride this time??? You'll notice a HUGE difference between the 4.8 and 5.3. The 4.8's are REALLY underpowered for these behemoths.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait the one your looking at has a 4.8L and it's an NNBS?? Definitely re-consider and at LEAST go with the 5.3L!!!

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
both of mine had the 5.3 I wouldnt get anything smaller.

OP
OP
NC_John

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May I recommend that you opt for at least a 5.3 powered ride this time??? You'll notice a HUGE difference between the 4.8 and 5.3. The 4.8's are REALLY underpowered for these behemoths.

Yes you may. I'd rather have the 5.3 (drove a 6.0 on a road trip and it was a pig on fuel). We checked out the 08 today and it was pretty clean- it was a trade-in, one owner, local truck with a great carfax history (no warranty issues or repairs) which we confirmed running the VIN through a friend at a GM dealership. The interior was dirty but nothing that wouldn't clean up. We got within a thousand dollars of a deal and walked away. It had the wrong interior color (tan, I want a dark interior), no leather, and didn't have the wheels I wanted. A nice truck but not the one I really wanted so we walked. On the test drive I noticed it felt as underpowered as my 02 with the 4.8 and that there was a lot of wind noise up front around the A pillars. Very different from the NBS. Steering and ride felt great though- much tighter.

We'll keep looking.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:waytogo: definitely wait for what you want man :)

OP
OP
NC_John

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find a GM Certified NNBS HyHoe. My only regret is not rocking the green H.

A hybrid? Nah...... I want something I can fix myself. Work pays for my fuel too so no big advantage for me to get one.

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

Wait the one your looking at has a 4.8L and it's an NNBS?? Definitely re-consider and at LEAST go with the 5.3L!!!

Yeah, I will. I talked to my brother last night- he's got his dealer license and we went over the auction sites. I should be able to find an LTZ with ~30K miles for $26K or so. I might be buying only based on pictures (which blows) but for the price, it might be worth the risk. From bare bones to an LTZ. Sheesh... this is how it happens.... At least the bank/credit union will be happy.

(also found its really tough to get the 5.3 without 4WD or the better trim package)

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

:waytogo: definitely wait for what you want man :)

:waytogo:

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Awesome that your brother has a dealers license! Definitely use that to your advantage. I agree tho, you should get what you want. I made the mistake of not getting dark interior and totally regret it. And your work pays for gas?! You are lucky as hell! GLWYP!

OP
OP
NC_John

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And your work pays for gas?! You are lucky as hell! GLWYP!

I have a monthly vehicle allowance and a gas card which is cool, yes. On the downside, I put a shit-ton of miles driving for work all over the place. I've put 25K on my 02 tahoe in 6 months driving all over the place. Its going to suck finding a nice low mileage 'hoe and then having 200K on it in a few years...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mmorris501