Any Advice for Move to NNBS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a monthly vehicle allowance and a gas card which is cool, yes. On the downside, I put a shit-ton of miles driving for work all over the place. I've put 25K on my 02 tahoe in 6 months driving all over the place. Its going to suck finding a nice low mileage 'hoe and then having 200K on it in a few years...

In this case, have you thought about finding a low mileage NBS for cheaper so that once you put 200k miles on the ride inside of four years you're not so upside down in it? I'd hate to see you spend 25-30k on something and then have it be worth less than 10k in four years :shrug: just a thought. :Handshake:

OP
OP
NC_John

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In this case, have you thought about finding a low mileage NBS for cheaper so that once you put 200k miles on the ride inside of four years you're not so upside down in it? I'd hate to see you spend 25-30k on something and then have it be worth less than 10k in four years :shrug: just a thought. :Handshake:

Yeah, kinda what I did to start- got a miled out NBS and have been running the wheels of it. If I can be disciplined, I can bank my monthly allowance and then have a hefty down payment for another one in 3-4 years. If I can get the same kind of miles out of NNBS I should be good. The real concern is whether to get an LS with less electronics to cause problems or get what I want- a decked out LTZ. An LTZ might be a nightmare without a warranty in a few years....Dunno....

We've got an 08 Ford Edge with 70K on it in the garage- I was going to sell the 02 (we've got too many vehicles over here) and drive the edge for work but after driving the hoe for 8 months, the edge is too small. Decided to sell the 02 hoe and the edge and upgrade to the NNBS.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:waytogo: sounds good and sounds you've thought about all angles :) if you can swing it I'd tell ya to go ahead and get the LTZ. you'll be living in it so might as well enjoy it :)

OP
OP
NC_John

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:waytogo: sounds good and sounds you've thought about all angles :) if you can swing it I'd tell ya to go ahead and get the LTZ. you'll be living in it so might as well enjoy it :)

Thanks! I'll keep you posted on what I end up getting into. Might be a little while, gonna take our time and make sure I get what I really want.

OP
OP
NC_John

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought my NNBS

Ok, pulled the trigger on the NNBS. Found a one-owner, local 08 LT 2WD, 5.3L, 40K miles. Good service history (only warranty issues were door moldings), medium silver, ebony interior. No third row! I know it's an option but 've never seen one without the third row! They said it was specially ordered. Good price and got what we wanted for our trade- walked out once but they said "wait, wait, wait." Even got the factory wheels I was after.

They're going to do a couple things to it for me and I should be able to pick it up Monday after work. Now to figure out what to do first....

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Any pics?

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Congrats man!!!

I'm also in the thinking mode it's time in a year it or two to upgrade but I feel the new nnbs interior is much cheaper quality then the nbs this goes for my parents traverse as well bothers me somewhat... Not saying any other car manufactures are better quality there just as bad if not worse.. I'm also scared I'll bit on a nbs and the 3nbs will come out in 2013/2014.. Yes I said 3nbs because nnnbs would just be ridiculous :handshake:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have to kindly disagree with you Garry. I've had both a NBS and my 07 and the interior is MUCH nicer in my 07 than the NBS I had.

OP
OP
NC_John

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Any pics?

thanks.... just a crappy camera phone pic.

IMG00136-20120114-1656.gif

Should be ready to pick up on Monday- they had a short list of stuff to do for me- fix a door molding coming off, find a cup holder, clean some stuff in the interior. The truck has the factory prep for remote start (RPO AP8) so I asked them to put that on...... I'll put a heat gun to it when I bring it home and remove the tape pinstripe and tahoe stickers on the side windows (I suspect the dealer put them on- not sure why), take off the dealer tags and the window visor shades. They said they only had it on the lot 4-5 days and can't keep them on the lot but we still got the deal we wanted.

The steering wheel trim is peeling so I'll want to get on that really fast.....

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Congrats man!!!

I'm also in the thinking mode it's time in a year it or two to upgrade but I feel the new nnbs interior is much cheaper quality then the nbs this goes for my parents traverse as well bothers me somewhat... Not saying any other car manufactures are better quality there just as bad if not worse.. I'm also scared I'll bit on a nbs and the 3nbs will come out in 2013/2014.. Yes I said 3nbs because nnnbs would just be ridiculous :handshake:

Thanks! I'll need a while to give the interior fair comparison judgement. The seats feel better and there are no squeaks but my 02 has over 200K so she's a bit tired. I want to get the katzkins leather kit on it too, hopefully before too long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DurtyCurty840