Any module out there yet to turn the FOG LIGHTS auto-on with the headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why can't you just use a relay to turn the fogs on either w/ the DRLs or headlites? Just wire the relay coil to the circuit you want to use to turn them on and pick up a 12V source to feed to the fogs.

snowjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why can't you just use a relay to turn the fogs on either w/ the DRLs or headlites? Just wire the relay coil to the circuit you want to use to turn them on and pick up a 12V source to feed to the fogs.

You could do that. I wouldn't like it because then you individual lose control of the lights.

I'm fine with just pressing the button. Ideally if I could figure out how to make it retain it's on/off setting between start ups that would work for me.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is needed is a small diode, some 16-20ga. stranded wire, either some butt connectors or solder(preferred) and electrical tape or heatshrink. Take diode and add about 2" of wire to each end of diode...locate the lowbeam relay and fog light relay in underhood fuse box...on each relay locate the 85 terminal...wrap wire around each 85 leg and reinsert relays making sure that the stripe on the diode is facing the lowbeam relay. This will make your fogs turn on with lowbeams and stay on when you turn on highbeams. You can still use the foglight switch to turn on just the fogs and running lights during daytime or turn auto headlight feature off and then push switch.

**DISCLAIMER**
Do all this at your own risk..I am not responsible for any misfortunes/damages that may happen due to this mod.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep. so will a 1 amp . you are tricking the low current side of the relay.
3 amps at 14v = 42 watts... :)
1 amp = 14w

both are MORE than ample for the deciamps of current used to energize the coil.

of course you can't turn them OFF when the lowbeams are on if you do this.

Last edited:

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did it on mine(nbs)...without the stranded wire, just stuck the ends of the diodes in the correct slots and stuck the relays back down on top, making sure the diode wire wasnt touching any other connector on the relays.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went out and looked at it for a min. I didn't see anything that looked like an 85 terminal. Anyone have a picture of there diode installed to help me with this?

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude, it says it on the fuse box diagram. every single relay has an 85 terminal.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude, it says it on the fuse box diagram. every single relay has an 85 terminal.

You're right, I went and looked again. Kinda dark and raining outside. Thanks

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968