Anyone “upgraded” from the tensioner style AC compressor to the stretchy belt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have this fixed. I did the same WOT run three times in a row and the belts did not come off. I have no idea which single part fixed it though. Since I was replacing the compressor and found the compressor to condenser hose leaking, I decided to replace “everything” since I could still get the OEM parts and they weren’t that expensive. I replaced the AC compressor, condenser, compressor to condenser hose, accumulator, low side pressure switch, orifice tube, both belts with the Gates green belts, and the main drive belt tensioner (since the AC tensioner is less than a year old).

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I have this fixed. I did the same WOT run three times in a row and the belts did not come off. I have no idea which single part fixed it though. Since I was replacing the compressor and found the compressor to condenser hose leaking, I decided to replace “everything” since I could still get the OEM parts and they weren’t that expensive. I replaced the AC compressor, condenser, compressor to condenser hose, accumulator, low side pressure switch, orifice tube, both belts with the Gates green belts, and the main drive belt tensioner (since the AC tensioner is less than a year old).
Glad you got it sorted. My switch to the stretch belt seems to have solved the problem on my '07. Still haven't had any more problems since I made the switch. I neglected to mention earlier that did install a new Denso compressor a few weeks prior and it was still throwing the old tensioner belt. So in my case, the new belt type seems to have been the solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dexmann1