Anyone have a 2009 Tahoe with the 6.2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. The one I test drove, an '09 LTZ, had no mode selector. Was full time AWD.

And I get 18-19.5 mpg on the highway with my Denali, running 75-80mph

Just thinking.....you sure it was AWD? While car shopping I came across more then a few rwd model.....I was really shocked any existed in the NY area.

southview

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 08 ltz 2wd with 6.2 and 6 speed.It has great power and I get an average of 16 mpg running mostly around city.I work 10 miles from my home.I took it to Hershey park last weekend and did some mountain driving and got 18 mpg including running thru Hershey.On the way there I averaged 21 mpg.I did not reset the mpg the whole time and when I got home,total was 18.Not bad.I also did not go over 65 on the way there but coming home I rolled 70-75.
Can't wait for BB to come back around to Maryland for a tune. We missed them last time.Truck has 113k miles on it,3/4 drop,solid white,painted running boards,emblems,handles,mirrors.no chrome.stock 20's and no mods.

Last edited:

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the amgfast55 guy or something like that has the 09 6.2

Correct. '09 is the only year it was made. The '08 was 2WD. The '09 was only a 4X4, there was no AWD model. It has AWD mode like a Denali or Escalade but also has 4WD Hi, 4WD Low, and 2WD mode with 3.42 gears. The '09 is VERY rare. There were no choices for transfer case or gears. I searched for a white or grey one across the country with the rear bench and waited a little too long and ended up with probably the last one at the end of the model year with every possible option except power running boards. Didn't really want black, rear buckets, and REALLY didn't want the factory CK798 wheels (almost 4K is pure BS), but took what I could get.

I must say I was not impressed when I drove it off the lot and averaged a little over 11 mpg. There is no 4/8 cylinder mode in this version of 6.2 like the newer ones. My '07 LTZ 2WD with 5.3 was at least as fast. It started to wake up around 10K miles and then I bought a Flash Scan from Black Bear and began tuning and added a few other mods and now, it's a completely different truck. Stock Escalades and Denalis are slow in comparison. Mileage is up to about 14 mpg average, but can go to 18 mpg on the freeway if you keep it 70 or under. In town it's still pretty thirsty.

Last edited:

southview

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
08 LTZ Tahoe with. 6.2??
yep 08 2wd. Friend bought it new.Someone special ordered it with no nav,camera or dvd system.Don't know why.I bought it from him this year with 109k miles.Has always been gm serviced and was already dropped.I love it.White with black leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate