Anyone replaced their unused spare tire due to age?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Better to find out at home than on the shoulder or worse. My 01 spare was the original. The 02 has a spare. It has air in it. I need to examine it better. All the other cars - with spares in the trunk are original. the 99 and 2000 BMW are on Matching Alloys from factory, the 01 has a smaller spare, but not a midget donut. The 05 R53 Mini came runflat, but is on non-runflat with a full size spare at home.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better to find out at home than on the shoulder or worse. My 01 spare was the original. The 02 has a spare. It has air in it. I need to examine it better. All the other cars - with spares in the trunk are original. the 99 and 2000 BMW are on Matching Alloys from factory, the 01 has a smaller spare, but not a midget donut. The 05 R53 Mini came runflat, but is on non-runflat with a full size spare at home.
Yea - yea..... Planning to get the spare down, service the whole deal and if needed... probably replace the tire......

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 2005 Suburban 2500 had the original spare on it. So when I went to buy tires for it and tires for my daughter's 2003 Sierra, I bought a new spare and had the tire shop swap it out. We were be going to be making a long drive, and I figured it was better to have the hoist die at a tire shop than on the side of the road. The hoist was amazingly functional. So, they can be a real bear to deal with, but even after 20 years most of them seem to work as intended. But I am down south. I figure the rust belt has some real nightmares.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pknewcombe83

Latest posts