Anyone rockin a 295/35/24 on a 24x10?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I know is I like how the 295's look compared to the 305's and I like that I can turn all the way in both directions and go over dips/bumps without worrying about rubbing the lip/liners whereas with 305's on the Tahoe I had to cut up/heat and bend the fender liners and semi roll the rear fender lips to clear them and still got a little tire rub.. The difference in width between the two might be minimal but it's enough to make a difference when it comes to obstruction..

allando

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if you do the "math" 295/35 is 295mm wide/ 32.1" tall, and the 305/35 is 305mm wide/ 32.4" tall.... The difference in width is 10mm and height is .3". It's a pretty small difference, but I'm sure it's a big difference when it comes to rubbing. When my 305's wear out, I'm going straight to 295's!!!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
.......minimal but it's enough to make a difference when it comes to obstruction..
For me it a difference of destruction, 305s would hit the metal behind my liners and the top fender, because my 295 come too close for comfort!:shocked:

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly.. with the 305's on my tahoe, I had to butcher the liners/fender lip and with the 295's on the Lac I clear everywhere. Love 'em

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly.. with the 305's on my tahoe, I had to butcher the liners/fender lip and with the 295's on the Lac I clear everywhere. Love 'em

part of it is also the offset of the rims though..im running 295s..

i had to completely remove my rear inner fenders because it was horrid...i also had to cut both front inner fenders because it rubbed so bad..i felt like a scrub driving around lol

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, we finally got the 295/35/24's mounted on the Burban last week. Absolutely no difference in ride comfort from the 305s. Very pleased with them. They are extremely quiet on the road and no more rubbing at full lock (only had this issue because of the powersteps).

I'll get pics up as soon as I get back home next weekend.

BogeyBoy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192725

These are the wheels/tires I bought last week for my wifes tahoe. This guy's truck (one pictured in thread) has a 3/5 drop. My wife's has the 2/3 mcgaughys and IMO it sits perfect with the 295/35s. I woulda gone 305s but my wife wanted zero rubbing issues. The 295s fit within a rat's ***** hair of rubbing but it has no rub with no trimming.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Hey Gerod,
I didn't even know you were on this forum!
Hope you like the 24s, I am suprised they fit with no rubbing because they rubbed on mine with like only .5" of front drop!
The 26s I have now with 3/5 still rub after extreme trimming and cutting, with the 24s they barely rubbed after minot trimming.
A 3/5 is not meant for many.:emotions122:

BogeyBoy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Gerod,
I didn't even know you were on this forum!
Hope you like the 24s, I am suprised they fit with no rubbing because they rubbed on mine with like only .5" of front drop!
The 26s I have now with 3/5 still rub after extreme trimming and cutting, with the 24s they barely rubbed after minot trimming.
A 3/5 is not meant for many.:emotions122:

Yea I'm over here too lol. I started on FSC, then went onto gmfs but lurk here just b/c I need answers and this seems a good place to find them. I didn't have to do any trimming on my wifes truck with the 2/3. The only "rub" i had involved 2 pesky retainer clips that were overkill/useless. I removed and they don't rub at all now.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Oh, well welcome on over here!:party33:
This place is better than GMFS and FSC Tahoe/Yukon wise.
You lucked out on rubbing on those push pins only, I rub on the washer fluid tank!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road