Anyone try the Posi-Lok kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nikola718

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just replaced the front actuator for the second time now and am thinking of buying the posi-lok system to replace the actuator. After spending over 160 dollars for the actuators, I have heard the posi-lok kit is a much better option. Has anyone tried one of these kits yet? My Tahoe is a 97. And the light blinks in 4hi but the axle actuator does not engage. Only the transfer case actuator does.

Reaction score
I have been meaning to get one of these as well. Ive replaced my actuator for the 2nd time as well and when you just got stuck in a mud puddle because your truck wouldn't engage into 4wheel drive, and you have to get under there and change it, its really irritating. IMO the whole vacuum setup is garbage and very unreliable. From what ive heard, the cable kit is very easy to install.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL @ bandaid, those things were used in the old Dodges and Fords that had vacuum controlled lockup. It's not a bainaid, it works and does what the factory should have ...

Bottoms Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed one of these in a jeep yj that I had. It worked great and very easy to install. Going to install one on my Tahoe before to long I hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925