Anyone with a 2011 Yukon or Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer Yukons over Tahoes ONLY in Denali. But I am extremely happy with my Tahoe.

I also agree with the fact that Yukons look pretty ugly with that stock grille. Black is the only color I would get a standard Yukon in, but the Denali pulls off any color. Especially that storm gray!

If anything, I'd pick a storm gray Escalade Platinum. I still love the way my mom's looks, it's a really nice truck. Plus that ride is soo smooth. But for $90k I'd realistically pick a different vehicle.

Last edited:

spmd11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have an 07 Denali. Looked at standard Yukon and Suburban, but liked the added luxury of the Denali and better ride

TahoeZO6

Reaction score
I too was looking at both the 2010 Tahoe LTZ, Yukon D and Caddy Escalade and when it came down to it, the Tahoe is much better looking than the Yukon and I couldn't justify the price of rebadged Tahoe for the Escalade.

I also have no need nor want for a heated steering wheel. My hands sweat enough. LOL

I love my Tahoe and I don't regret buying it at all... though I do wish it came with the 6.2L engine but that's a moot point really because the 5.3L has plenty of power.

My 2 cents.

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too was looking at both the 2010 Tahoe LTZ, Yukon D and Caddy Escalade and when it came down to it, the Tahoe is much better looking than the Yukon and I couldn't justify the price of rebadged Tahoe for the Escalade.

I also have no need nor want for a heated steering wheel. My hands sweat enough. LOL

I love my Tahoe and I don't regret buying it at all... though I do wish it came with the 6.2L engine but that's a moot point really because the 5.3L has plenty of power.My 2 cents.

haaa. that's what i said to convince myself for 5 months lol....

As for the heated steering wheel it is a luxury i enjoy 5 months out of the year.

beauty's in the eye of the beholder, i personally think the Denali in stock trim is nicer looking than my LTZ was. If my LTZ came with chrome 20's, in that 5 spoke style that i had in the polished look, i might have thought differently, oh and the roof rack, nasty plain on the LTZ, i definately would've changed mine out had i kept it

campinfamily

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We just picked up or 2011 Yukon XL 2500! So far so good, the 6.0 engine is a gas guzzler but it should pull our 6k lb. travel trailer pretty easily. Not too many 2500 owners on this board, but if anyone has a question feel free to ask. I will be on here often!

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at all the above a month ago. I really like the look of a tahoe, especially the z71 version. But as i shopped, i realize how expensive these cars have gotten (had a fully loaded 01 tahoe which i believe set me back 42k back in 00). Ive was looking to replace my infiniti, and saw that for a tahoe with my requirements (leather, nav, back up cam, power liftgate) would set me back well into the 50k range (tax down here is 9%). i looked at yukons which they wanted even more for. Decided if I was going to put out that much, i might as well pick up an escalade. Which i found a new 2010 on the lot, and negotiated 12k off the sticker. So now im the happy owner of a new escalade, and with the active fuel management, gas mileage isnt so bad in the 6.2

02zl1_97ss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah..................we have a 2011 Tahoe LS. Was delivered to us with a wopping 4 miles on it. We opted for the cheaper LS for a couple of different reasons..............1) We just bought a new Silverado in July and 2) we wanted cloth interior. The LS suits us just fine. It came with the 20 inch wheels and the heavy duty trailering package which are a must for us if we want to pull our boat or our car trailer with the Tahoe instead of the Silverado.

2010ChevroletSilverado15002011ChevroletTahoeLS1500014.jpg

saxart

Reaction score
2011 Suburban LT here.... ;-)

Burb10.jpg

I looked at LTZ's, and even the Denali, but I just didn't care for all of the glitz. Not rippin on those who do, they make a beautiful truck either way, just not me. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx

Latest posts