Apparently Ford doesn't like profits: alienating the majority of Americans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bryan8252

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
According to Ford's CEO, American car buyers are the roadblock to having our roads filled with mini cars like in Asia and Europe because we are addicted to big vehicles that can carry large loads and many passengers. We must get used to small vehicles because it would cost too much money to make a battery that can properly power large trucks and SUVs.

GTFO of here. Talk about tone deaf and not being able to read the room. There's a reason auto manufacturers, including Ford, have cut back on their electric vehicles. By a vast majority, Americans don't want them! Any of you that do, have at it. If they are available to purchase, I hope you get many carefree years with them. But I will not buy a fully electric vehicle. Not sure if MSN was trying to use their headline as clickbait but it has me PTFO and based off their CEO's comments, I will not consider buying a Ford until he is removed. (I know, cue all the comments about my $60,000 meaning nothing to Ford. I don't care. I stand by my convictions).

Thanks for letting me rant.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Farley is obviously not a student of history. Walking through a car museum it ought to be obvious to anyone with two brain cells to rub together that Americans love their big automobiles and always have.

Big cars are more efficient, they transport more people to the same destination than a little car for starters.

GMs CEO is equally oblivious to reality. Both are low on testosterone!

Since their inception over 100 years ago, electric vehicles are still not cost-effective and do not have the endurance to tow a load for any appreciable distance.

Why they haven't taken a cue from the diesel electric locomotives after all these years is beyond me.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And that CEO probably travels solo in his private jet, picked up at the airport in a Lincoln Navigator. But I was actually very interested in the new Maverick pickup, hybrid drive under $20k as list pre-production. Boy, that sure changed. And I just read that FOMOCO is requiring managers/others to lease EVs and turn in their ICE machines to stimulate sales of the battery machines.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lets not ignore that fact that the bureaucrats are forcing the change of technology instead of letting market forces prevail. My own state legislature has now required a fairly large percentage of electric vehicles available on dealers' lots, with future high mandates.

Copying California.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And that CEO probably travels solo in his private jet, picked up at the airport in a Lincoln Navigator. But I was actually very interested in the new Maverick pickup, hybrid drive under $20k as list pre-production. Boy, that sure changed. And I just read that FOMOCO is requiring managers/others to lease EVs and turn in their ICE machines to stimulate sales of the battery machines.
I was reading something similar a while back about some ev's (unknown if ford or not) but they wanted them to be lease only with no option to buy at end of lease!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is another reason for small cars in Europe. Most of their roads, particularly around urban areas were built centuries ago, LONG before powered vehicles were invented. These roads are NARROW, too narrow to effectively permit the use of large vehicles in two-way traffic.