Auto fog light option on Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BTRKY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just finished installing a home auto fog kit for my yukon denali xl 2023. Really easy with two #1N 4004 diodes. From connector X1 wire 1 yellow to connector X1 wire 3 brown and gray for the left side. Then connector X3 wire 4 yellow to X3 wire 2 brown green for the right side.

With this method, during the day the fogs are off but in the evening on low and high beam the fogs are still on.

Sorry for my english
Hello. I just purchased a 2024 Yukon. I had this mod in my 2023 Sierra Denali, but have had difficulty finding a solution for the Yukon. Did this mod give you the "all lights on", or just auto fogs? I am have the Builder manual and have printed the pages with appear to correspond with your picture. Thanks for your time.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. I just purchased a 2024 Yukon. I had this mod in my 2023 Sierra Denali, but have had difficulty finding a solution for the Yukon. Did this mod give you the "all lights on", or just auto fogs? I am have the Builder manual and have printed the pages with appear to correspond with your picture. Thanks for your time.
Didn’t he answer your question in his second paragraph? He says that when the [head]lights come on, the fogs come on — and they stay on with the high beams, too.

BobHolthaus

Reaction score
Got my fog light harness ordered up today!
Let us know how it goes. I've ordered this same harness for a 2024 Sierra 1500, and just re-read the instructions for install, which include a relay and a wire going to the battery. It appears GEN5DIY is simply using the high beam trigger to trigger a relay which will turn on the fog lights any time the high beams are on. With the harness on the website, you still have to turn the lights on each time you turn the headlights on, it appears.

I'm now asking him about his comment (in an email to me) about an option that would cause the foglights to come on every time we turn the lights on. I'll let you know what I find on that; the downside is that I think he said that if we go with that option, there is no option to turn the foglights off (he basically bypasses the switch and dash icon and just rewires them altogether, likely with a similar relay setup like above, probably triggered by the driving lights potentially).

Last edited:

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the idea was to have the fogs come on when the [auto] headlights come on, and to have them stay on if the highs are turned on. Are we all saying/wanting this same thing, or…?

BobHolthaus

Reaction score
I thought the idea was to have the fogs come on when the [auto] headlights come on, and to have them stay on if the highs are turned on. Are we all saying/wanting this same thing, or…?
Yes, that IS what we want (at least that's what I want). The harness on the website is NOT that I don't believe. This is where you just have to tell him exactly what you want via email and he will make it.

I just sent him an email moments ago asking for exactly what you said; I will let you guys know what he comes back with. I'm not sure I want my foglight switch disabled totally (and no dash indicator), but when I really think about it, I DO want them on every time I turn the headlights on, so I guess it doesn't really matter if the switch can turn them off or not.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Ooo, nice! Are they on the website now, or did you order via email with the guy?
The harness is NOT on the website. I was in contact via email.

The harness will have the fog lights come on anytime the headlights are on, and it'll allow the fogs to stay on if the high beams are active. So you'll no longer have to press the fog light button, ever.

Here's the email from him confirming:

.... to confirm you want the factory fogs to auto come on at night and also remain on when the high beams come on? This will discontinue the use of your switch at night

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cason