auto ride pump...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhorn0817

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have a 04 denali, yesturday the SRC message came on the dash, turned truck off and started back up a few times and noticed the compressor never kicked on, same thing today, compressor never kicked on. can i just assume the compressor is dead or is there anything else i can check? i did notice before the pump stopped that it seemed like it was running more then normal, so maybe a possible leak as well? any ideas...

uvacarbuff

Reaction score
Mine did the same a couple months ago after towing a friend's boat. Apparently the exhaust release valve broke and caused the compressor to overheat and fail.

I ended up disconnecting the ride control and air ride and going with Bilsteins.

Front: BE5-6500-H0

Rear: BE5-E380-H0

Parts and labor cost me $450.

It rides great and I love the stance:

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2014.gif

OP
OP
M

mhorn0817

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i thought about doing that. but the ride control is a nice feature...especially when carrying people or towing...i cant stand the rear drag look when got some weight back there...

PUGLIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many things can cause the auto leveling to fail. Ditch the system and replace with Monroe load assist shocks in the rear( lifetime warranty) and replace the springs with Z71 springs if there not already in there. You can always use a load assist bag if you need the extra leveling. Throw some bilstiens up front and your good.

Hendo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ive gone through 2 compressors and am in the process of lifting my escalade and dumping the auto ride all together.. ive never been a fan of how the truck looks sitting parked and then leveling out when its riding.

OP
OP
M

mhorn0817

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so within the past 3 months, every once in a great while the pump will kick on softly and i wont get a src message...but like i said every once in a great while, maybe once a month.

what do you guys make of this? i plan on keeping the autoride

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You say softly, was it loud up till it stopped working and now when it does come on it's alot quieter? If so, I'd say its done, just surprised it's still working at all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925