Axle Articulation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DSSpeck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey All, I have a 1999 Yukon slt that I love and plan to never let go of. I've put 277,022mi as of today on the original motor. It still looks great! I'm running 265/70R 17 Geolandar A/T-S's on 07 wheels. It looks almost new. It's been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. Damn near bullit proof. I've spent some time offroad with it and it's been awesome, but last weekend I was limited by the lack of axle articulation. I'd like to give it a mild lift and make it a bit more capable when things need to stretch. What can I do in this area without going to a Solid Axle Conversion. I'm open to any suggestion and advice.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Fishin757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just go with a 6" lift and 35s. that should cover most of what you are doing stock with ease.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
You can't really get more articulation from the factory suspension.

I would recommend better tires, getting sway bar disconnects, and learning how to drive with limited articulation.

In my opinion, my 97 has pretty good articulation for a factory 4x4.

Fishin757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go hard core and do a SAS with 3 link front and rear. that should fix your problem forever haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby