Bang for the Buck CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msj724

Reaction score
I have had several CAI's in different cars, and have honestly never felt a difference in the way the cars drive. By itself, you probably will not feel a difference in you truck, but if you add it with an exhaust and tune you should definitely feel something. I am no expert, but I was told the CAI and exhaust systems complement each other. The CAI is sucking in more air, and the performance exhaust is there to release it from the other side. Stock exhausts are too restricted to make any difference with a CAI. Again, I am no expert just relaying what I have previously read. Whether you go with AEM, K&N, or Volant they are all reputable manufacturers. It is just a matter of preference, but they all do the same.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
dont go w/ anything that would directly expose the air filter to engine heat!! air filter + engine heat = loss of power. i'd say go w/ volant even though i've had no experience w/ it yet. if i do get a CAI, volant is who i'd go with...

There is really not much a difference at all between the Volant and the K&N from my experience. Both come with good heat shields. I have owned both, and from my experience, you cannot go wrong with either one.

Also, the AEM is decent, but it does not come with a heat shield, which means you will be sucking in a lot of hot air.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is really not much a difference at all between the Volant and the K&N from my experience. Both come with good heat shields. I have owned both, and from my experience, you cannot go wrong with either one.

Also, the AEM is decent, but it does not come with a heat shield, which means you will be sucking in a lot of hot air.

Volant's kits come with a air box and is made of poly plastic, K&N uses a steel heat shield and in some cases a medal tube as well, medal transfers heat, heat kills the cool mass of air with is what make the power and mpg, we also offer a dry filter part number 152536 for 07, 08 153536 for the 09

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

LOL....I knew you'd be in here sooner or later.

Its in my blood and on my paycheck lol

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
Volant's kits come with a air box and is made of poly plastic, K&N uses a steel heat shield and in some cases a medal tube as well, medal transfers heat, heat kills the cool mass of air with is what make the power and mpg, we also offer a dry filter part number 152536 for 07, 08 153536 for the 09

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Its in my blood and on my paycheck lol

Yeah...that damn medal...

R.Beezy

Costco Member
Reaction score

ya like what volant said, the Volants come w/ an enclosed airbox and the K&N doesnt which is the main difference. the K&N heat shield doesnt do much IMO. id rather have it enclosed

fco_gonzo

Tahoe BS Detector
Reaction score
if you get a CAI and exhuast make sure you get a tune/programmer/something so you can get the benefits of those mods other wise you wont notice any change. BTW I'm using a K&N on my all vehicles no problems. All CAI are pretty much the same so you can't really go wrong.

eandj23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am decided on the Volant CAI but need to know a place to get them at a low price (for an 07 Yukon SLT)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryme